Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pig tail seeds/Textile Industry  (Read 9633 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Pig tail seeds/Textile Industry
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 05:35:26 pm »

An efficient setup does wonders for farming. Have the seed stockpile right next to the farm, and the seed-producing workshops right next to both of those. Dwarves will still be lazy bastards who wander off between one 'plant seed' job and the next (or at least this was the case in 40d, haven't tested since then), but burrows should help with that. Disable everything but farming on your farmers so they don't spam you with 'item inaccessible' messages, then confine them to farm, food, and bed.
Thanks for the advice. I already create a seed stockpile near my farms, but I've personally found it more efficient to keep the workshops next to my food and finished goods/raw materials stockpiles, which are in turn as close as possible to the dining hall and the clothing workshops etc. Haven't really experimented with burrows yet, and my farms tend to be in a soil layer a short walk from the fort, but I'll take that under advisement.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pig tail seeds/Textile Industry
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 11:44:40 pm »

Dwarves will still be lazy bastards who wander off between one 'plant seed' job and the next (or at least this was the case in 40d, haven't tested since then),

That's still a problem.
Pages: 1 [2]