Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The perfect spot  (Read 16918 times)

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The perfect spot
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 12:57:44 pm »

Want to say thanks for the site. I regenned it up to use a couple of mods and it worked out fine. Great site for learning the finer (well maybe rougher as well) points for a newish player.

One suggestion though is you might want to include the seed that slink posted on the first page in your original post incase anyone wants to regen the world to include their mods that they are using etc. The one you posted doesn't gen the same spot, but slinks got it spot on. 

Otherwise, thanks again.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2011, 07:01:12 am »

what types of clay are there? is there fire clay? -> stoneware

is there crystal rock? -> crystal glass

is there kaolite? -> porcelain

do you get all the above ground plants here?

do you get all the above ground trees?

do the biome combination allow for all creatures to eventually show up in the map?

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011, 08:46:32 am »

no war with the elves

The only problem with this. I'll go tweak the history seed for a bit, see if I can't fix it.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

what the heck! it ALWAYS rejects the map! first it's whining about not having enough volcanos...THERES TONS OF THEM! if i ignore the ONE issue, it will from that point go through EVERY...SINGLE...WORLD...and reject them individually! If I tell it to ignore ALL rejects, It generates an adventure/legends only world! HELP ME!!! IN THE NAME OF ARMOK HELP ME!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Aussiemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Well... now what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2011, 04:12:34 am »

Yep that's the main drawback, but it was the only way i could get the 5 biomes and the volcano !

On my C2Duo laptop, game is still at 150 FPS a few hours after embark, when a 16*16 embark drops immediatly at 1 FPS. So i guess it has less influence than the number of dwarves or the blood they have on them, but i'm not really sure if 5*5 will make game lag after game start ?

You may not know this, but it was discovered through testing that the size of the world (i.e. pocket, medium, etc.) has a rather large impact on fps. This may have changed in the newer versions, but I don't believe it has. I don't remember where the thread about this was, sadly.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]