Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tried to assigin a caged elf to a chain....  (Read 5066 times)

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tried to assigin a caged elf to a chain....
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 01:01:05 pm »

Wait your breeding the tree huggers? :O hearsay! All Elf's must die by cleansing magma!!!
He'll be doing it to torture their children (I hope)

You know what we do?

Breed the tree huggers inside a separate, enclosed area. A bunch of small rooms, lots of winding, maze like passages, and maybe one big, common room.

Go hunting. Find as many venomous forgotten beasts or demons or monsters as possible. Start making soap and food out of them. Drop it down a chute to the elves. Look for a river of magma. Dig some passages from it to the elf camp. Use floodgates so that several separate rooms can be flooded when pulling a lever, but not the entire thing. Build weapon traps in the winding halls. Have a chute that you can drop goblin prisoners, complete with weapons, down to the elf level. Have them, along with any other monsters you can catch, roam free in the mazes. Give the elves only wooden weapons to defend themselves with. All of their food is sent down in wooden barrels, and they only get a few wooden chairs and tables. Continue breeding them.

Laugh.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 02:36:57 pm »

I think the trick might be to capture them before they go crazy.  Get a GCS set up to web the road to your depot, and lay down some cage traps.  Once the elves get webbed, they'll become vulnerable to the traps, and then you can move them to a chain. Not sure if they'll go crazy while chained up though.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 02:24:39 am »

...why can't we have wooden chains..?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 02:30:42 am »

Same reason we can't have nice things...
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

A-Dos

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Water!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 04:42:29 am »

Encase the elves in an obsidian farming factory, having them in between the water/magma contact chamber. As they're encased in the wonderful substance, mine it out, so only their soul remains entombed within the obsidian. Modify some raw's so you can produce Stone axes (Similar to the Obsidian Sword, only this time an axe.) and make sure your Wood-choppers use them.

... I haven't done that yet, but now that I have the idea...
Longest surviving Fortress: Silverpaddle > 9 years > Tantrum Spiral due to an Engraver mistaking Magma for Water and attempted to take a bath. Apparently he had a social life.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 04:51:39 am »

Encase the elves in an obsidian farming factory, having them in between the water/magma contact chamber. As they're encased in the wonderful substance, mine it out, so only their soul remains entombed within the obsidian. Modify some raw's so you can produce Stone axes (Similar to the Obsidian Sword, only this time an axe.) and make sure your Wood-choppers use them.

... I haven't done that yet, but now that I have the idea...
The axes should then randomly whisper "Whhyyyyyyyyyyy?" to the wielder of the axe until they go insane.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 05:10:40 am »

But Elves are at peace with nature, nothing attacks them...

Not even my war raptors?! MUAHAHA

10 minutes later

War raptor stop snuggling and kill that tree hugger!!!
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 05:27:48 am »

Same reason we can't have nice things...

Because someone will fill it with corpses?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 05:27:59 am »

War raptor snuggling sounds fairly deadly as it is.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 06:19:31 am »

Wait your breeding the tree huggers? :O hearsay! All Elf's must die by cleansing magma!!!
He'll be doing it to torture their children (I hope)

Of course!...my overall plan is to breed elves (in a space surrounded by finished wooden goods stockpiles, all my wood stockpiles, carpenters workshops etc , all walled and roofed with wood of course) then I'm going to drop them 30 z levels to the nursery/oubliette to see how long it takes for the children to stop caring about anything.

....A minimum amount of drink and food will be provided to the children, when they are grown, the food and drink supply will stop.

I'm hoping one dwarf will tantrum and kill the others, this sociopathic dwarf will then be chained in the in the centre of the dinning room till it hopefully is elected mayor .

Thanks for the advice, I'll try moving the cage first and GCS and if that doesn't work I'll surround them by fortifications on all sides and see if I can hit them with four ballista arrows simultaneously
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.
Pages: 1 [2]