Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Patrician IV  (Read 27956 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Patrician IV
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 07:02:40 am »

Thing is, making your own goods is like 20-30% cheaper than buying them from cities, or at least it was in Patrician 3. You need offices in multiple cities to do this, so you may as well use those offices for distribution. They have bigger buffers, so you can be sure they'll have a constant supply of goods, which will do wonders for your reputation. I suppose you could get this with a convoy by loading it with more goods than you sell to guarantee you won't run out mid-transaction, but that'd make your ships less efficient.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »

That would work, but you would need a LOT of warehouses in the hub city or you'd be paying a fortune in storage fees.
That was the same in PR2, until you got the "player city", which has unlimited storage.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 12:55:46 am »

I've played Patrician 3 once, and liked it... however it got boring to me after playing it for a while and it's no longer fun to expand the city that I gotten into. I wish there was more stuff to build on the city then just houses, basic defenses and whatnot. I wish they mixed in a bit of Dawn of Discovery into the game, as that will help me like this game more often. I've noticed that you need lot's of rank and be a mayor to get into all the building stuff, which is very difficult. in Patrician 3, you don't have to rank up or be mayor as far as I remember. I've uninstalled the game after I got bored and how I don't really like how complicated the trading in the administration office is. I wish it was more simple to just point in "I'll sell <this item> of <quantity>, I'll also buy out <item> of <quantity>" but it don't really say that. Even the auto trading difficult, when you auto trade from 3 villages and make little money, and taxes and production taxes and whatnot skyrocket...  and I'm alway's in the negative because of the complex trading system not working right and causing my production to cease.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »

I love the 3rd one, but you really have to work/risk for your money! Its no walk over. Pirates, taxes, people not paying back loans, wages, competators all work to screw you over.

Seberto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 04:28:54 pm »

Is there any good advice how to quickly be ranked higher? Is there any musts which must be accomplished or anything, before you'll make it to the next step?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 04:53:49 pm »

The titles that restricts you from buying stuff in town?
you can check the requirements up in the right corner somewhere. basically its Money, Ships & tradeposts

Seberto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »

How do deliver goods to the envoy/prince?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:09 pm »

Have the required goods in your warehouse and then complete the assignment, think you get a button on the same page.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 04:22:48 am »

Bit of a necro, but here it goes.

I got into this game recently. Got production of salt, meat, wood, brick, wheat, beer, wool, and hemp going. It was a pain to set everything up so all the surplus gets sold off but All I have to do is stop buying stuff and donating 100's of thousands of dollars (or whatever the currency is) for one day and I break my record for "most money at once".

Expanded the salt > meat > cheese trade into this huge thing in which I can't even remember how everything get's moved around. But basically my home city is the happiest in the world. Also dragging in spice and wine on a regular basis. Other trade route include stock fish + iron > hemp + wool and an experimental "buy a huge fleet and make them trade everything everywhere. The latter seems to be messing with my other trade routes.

And then the politics....... Why the hell does it take so long to go up a rank? How much money do you need to get past councilmen? more then 3 million? Anyway I am nuking pirates, sucking up to the duke, donating until the church overflows with money every day, feed all the peasants, and make sure that most of the cities have what they miss the most.... So why am I not getting promoted?

But I have been wondering, wouldn't the best strategy just be to makes all ships travel to every city? I really can't find a fault in it.

Also, hate the fighting. I just auto all the time because it's so boring and hard to micro manage. I could easily win and have fun when it was 1 ship and manual controls. But AI now? And only 3 ships? Not even worth watching.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:24:40 am by Micro102 »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 09:27:10 am »

So why am I not getting promoted?
Somewhere in the upper right corner you can see what you need for a promotion, its either money, ships or warehouses.

Also, hate the fighting. I just auto all the time because it's so boring and hard to micro manage. I could easily win and have fun when it was 1 ship and manual controls. But AI now? And only 3 ships? Not even worth watching.
Naval combat sucks hard, yes.
Its actually worse to bring more than 1 ship because the AI is shit. But I can easily win with one ship vs 3, often without damage.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 05:47:42 pm »

Naval combat sucks hard, yes.
Its actually worse to bring more than 1 ship because the AI is shit. But I can easily win with one ship vs 3, often without damage.

Wow really?

Also, are there ever going to be more then 3 ships?

And it seems I am producing all the wool every town ever needs from one city.... Had to make a trade route to every city because only half of them wasn't getting rid of all the wool and I ended up with over 1000.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2010, 06:25:12 pm »

Take your wool surplus and flood the other wool producing cities with it, this will cause their production to collapse as they will be losing money, This will reduce the amount of wool being produced in the world, and give your goods a greater market
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

prikitiew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2011, 02:16:03 am »

i can't do a naval combat, please somebody pliz pliz pliz show me the way  :'( :'(

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 03:46:24 am »

When doing naval battle, just press random. They really screwed up the battle system. I would be playing this today if they didn't.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]