Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'm making an RTD, you're telling me what to put in it.  (Read 2856 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm making an RTD, you're telling me what to put in it.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 01:27:12 pm »

Let the therapis be Freud, but with tentacles instead of... let's not go there.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 01:29:39 pm »

It must have a Jabba the Hutt and a Cthulhu reference. That's all I care about. So... if it's urban fantasy, you have your Jabba the Hutt be the mailman and Cthulhu be a therapist.

I... what?

Thank god that goes against what's said in the opening post. The RTD will be serious.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 01:38:50 pm »

It must have a Jabba the Hutt and a Cthulhu reference. That's all I care about. So... if it's urban fantasy, you have your Jabba the Hutt be the mailman and Cthulhu be a therapist.

I... what?

Thank god that goes against what's said in the opening post. The RTD will be serious.
*reads OP more closely*

...Well, I guess if you had a really creative GM, you could have those in a serious RP. Otherwise, just forget I said anything.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 01:18:50 am »

Good morning.
 So, it's decided. Urban Fantasy.
 I was thinking about the backstory since it was pretty obvious it's going to be UF. My idea is that there are many planes which are moving through the void all the time and one plane got dangerously close to ours and from time to time "leaks" releasing magical energy, various creatures and artifacts. There would be three main factions: a faction that is officially a private defense company, but knows about what is happening, a group of scientists-magicians that want to understand the other planes and often do so in morally questionable ways and a group of sorcerers that came from the other plane and want to see this plane destroyed. The government and the civilians are oblivious to what is going on.
 The player could be in any of these organizations (even the "evil" one), but it would be more for backstory than gameplay advantages. The player could also be a civilian who found out what is happening and has his own goals. Also or acting as a team PVP isn't forced, but possible and needs a serious RP reason. You can't suddenly go insane and attack everyone, but if you were insane in the backstory, you can. But you can't go sane again.

Now, since the main questions are answered:
 Character advancement: Point build system? Class system? Advantages/disadvantages system decided on character creation? Build system (as in there might be a build with +1 to marksmanship, but -1 to magic)? Something else? Personally, I like advantages/disadvantages systems. It's easy to bring abilities that make sense in the backstory to the actual game.
 Crafting: Should I bother with it? Why should the player bother with it? How do you craft?
 The fun part - if you want to, you can make up your own creatures/technology/factions/etc. and if I like it, I will put it in.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 02:20:35 am »

There totaly has to be a technology-magic conflict.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 02:24:22 am »

There totaly has to be a technology-magic conflict.
Well, I imagined the mercenary faction to be completely technological, with kevlar plated, G36 wielding elite stormtroopers fighting magicians, creatures from other dimensions and all that. Thus the magic using "good" faction is considered unethical by many.

You, know, once we decide what system I'm using for character skills, I'll probably start writing.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]