Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: The Koran Trial  (Read 10167 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: The Koran Trial
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2011, 09:29:01 pm »

Pastor Jerkass did neither of those things. He merely expressed his opinion. At no point did he break any laws, at no point did he say he was going to break any laws, and at no point did he tell people to break the laws.
I suspect he at least broke a fire code, which is a law.

So no, the burning of the Koran couldn't be prosecuted (and shouldn't, imo), and it has nothing to do with being a "Christian Nation full of Bigots who hate Islam for Arabs taking their Koran as seriously as the Spanish took the bible in the 15th century."
Two words. Hot. Coffee.
I am absolutely certain that if any of those victims in the UN was American, our wonderful legal system would prove you wrong. Shoot, one might of been. Since my interest is in the actual trial and not the aftermath, I don't know or care. Cold, maybe, but nobody currently in Afghanistan is in my 150. A few UN workers don't really register on my meter.

At first I thought you were bringing a reasonable well thought out argument that accusing people of trolling is detrimental to a discussion. Then I read your post and learned you just want people to hate you. Well done.
People hate me already, why would I need to take action to get that? No, what I did was a classic "You damn Hydra, Get off my Lawn!"
But more polite.

Threats are not tolerated, because, surprise surprise they threaten people, the ability to feel safe is (to a point) more important then free speech. Darn pesky other rights huh?
Freedom and safety and all that rot. I still say we go burn the dove church! I'll bring the chocolate, someone else get graham crackers and marshmellows.

We'll give it a fair trial, of course. Allow some random crackpot to show up to defend our charges that 15th Century Christianity was directly responsible for killing and burning people, then we'll have a big party. I don't think any UN workers will be threatened by our actions, so let's do it!
We'll make Phmcw bring the beer, because his name only makes sense when you are smashed.

Okay. Point blank question here. Did you really think his intention of this was for murder to happen a way away?  Do you really think he thought ‘OH YEAH! THIS IS GOING TO GET SOME PEOPLE KILLED!!’ Because he never freaking said that.
Actually, he did. He said that is why he chose not to burn it the first time he decided not to do it. Then he did it anyway. Go figure.

Tell me. Would you burn a Koran if you were not very, very, very stupid?
I sure would! I figure since it's pure sacredness, It'd hold off warewolves very well. Of course it might summon demons too, seeing as it is an act of defilement... Humm, how exactly does one weigh that?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2011, 09:44:35 pm »

15th Century Christianity
You keep saying that, but I am unsure if you know what it means.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2011, 09:49:56 pm »

I sure would! I figure since it's pure sacredness, It'd hold off warewolves very well. Of course it might summon demons too, seeing as it is an act of defilement... Humm, how exactly does one weigh that?

Werewolves. Demons. Poll. Now.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2011, 09:53:48 pm »

Yea I do. It's just before Catholicism split because of a guy with a door and a hammer, and also when Catholics reached the peak of their power. Or at least the ones from the west. The eastern ones were conquered by Muslims around that time. Very interesting situation, 15th Century Christianity.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2011, 10:05:22 pm »

As long as you're not simplifying it, we're cool. For as much credit as we give Luther, there was always at least one thorn in the side of the Catholic church, often from within. Even at their peak they had difficulties with people not believing what Rome said they should. Fervency is also generally exaggerated when speaking about the era.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2011, 10:46:35 pm »

*Rant mode activate*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2011, 11:31:18 pm »

Given the stupid poll that was up there, I'm locking this.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]