Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FBs and their building destroyer ilk:  (Read 688 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FBs and their building destroyer ilk:
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:57 pm »

Can they break artifact doors/hatches?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FBs and their building destroyer ilk:
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »

They will rip them off whatever they're built on, but won't destroy them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »

They will rip them off whatever they're built on, but won't destroy them.
Good to know.

Is it instantaneous, or does it take them some time? I'm hitting candy right now, and I'm trying to find an exit strategy for the party.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:59 pm »

I've never seen that, in my experience artifact doors will hold out anything--I don't think the game includes hinges.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:54:17 am »

Could try using a set up, including a hatch above a ramp. When you make the breakthrough, make the hatch impassible, after the survivors flee.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:00:13 am »

It takes a really darn long time to bust artifact doors.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 01:04:27 am »

Most items take a long time for building destroyers to remove, though it does scale based on the quality and material; a wooden door won't last long, while an artifact steel floodgate will last a good few minutes before it's left in the beast's wake. Hatches cannot be destroyed from below, which many consider to be a bug or exploit.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 01:25:14 am »

of course you could give them a nice low quality wooden support pilliar to play with. possibly holding up 4 z levels of rock by itself
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:15 am »

Most items take a long time for building destroyers to remove, though it does scale based on the quality and material; a wooden door won't last long, while an artifact steel floodgate will last a good few minutes before it's left in the beast's wake. Hatches cannot be destroyed from below, which many consider to be a bug or exploit.
I'm kind of hoping that Toady has plans for the candy cane parade later on down the line. As it stands, it really shouldn't be so...robust.

A challenge is nice though, just make sure it's not impossible or requiring an exploit to contend with.