Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which version is most "bugless"?  (Read 3491 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Which version is most "bugless"?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 07:09:30 pm »

.25 looks to be right around the corner as well. Barring even more crash bugs, that will probably be the last for a while.

Is there much left to fix, though ? I only heard about 1 crash that was recently marked as fixed on Mantis but not yet included in any releases.

According to the changelog he's polished off two crash bugs, as well as another minor fix. My guess is that if no other crash bugs surface he'll put .25 out and get on with the rest of his month.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:49 pm »

When 0.31.25 comes out, we'd have broken a record for "Most Consecutive Hotfixes", previously at 2:
0.22.110.22d-e, 0.22.110.23b-c, 0.23.125.23b-0.23.130.23a, 0.28.181.39b-c.

(This is ignoring 0.31.15 as a hotfix, as it was quite slow)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 10:51:08 pm »

A minor ambush accompanied the dwarven caravans visit this fall. Half the ambush peeled off in an attempt to waylay the caravan, and the other half interposed themselves between half a dozen wood haulers and the safety of the fortress. A quick examination of the haulers revealed an off duty hammerdwarf- thinking to buy time, I activated his squad and sent it to the rescue.

The goblins cut down a mother and her child before the hammerdwarf tore into them. Without taking a scratch, this hammerdwarf danced from goblin to goblin in a martial trance, killing three and scattering two others, who were intercepted by the rest of his squad. Somebody is getting a slab in the hall of heroes!

In other news, Slaughtersboulders is now a county! To celebrate, my countess decided to make another impossible demand, as well as wanting more crap in her rooms. My FPS is also up from the recent update, emboldening me to raise the pop cap from 50 -> 60. A line of weapon traps filled with the weapons of foreigners has rounded out my entryway nicely, and a new layer of cage traps across the major bridge should help with my early warning system. Work on the battlements has begun, starting with tower barracks for the soldiers.

I await the winter...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:32:21 pm by monk12 »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 08:06:21 pm »

A minor ambush accompanied the dwarven caravans visit this fall...

Did you mean to post this here?  It seems very out-of-place, like you meant to post it in a "what's going on in my fort" type of thread.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 08:31:51 pm »

><

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE FORTRESS SHENANIGANS.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 04:00:42 am »

I'm sure it was a metaphor of some kind.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:21 am »

He IS a coyote.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 06:18:51 pm »

So, it seems that yesterday we broke a record. There aren't any more major bugs, so this record is here to stay for a while.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:19 pm »

158 issues fixed in one month...damn.  That has to be a record.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:53 am »

The month isn't quit over in my current timezone, so Toady needs to get a few more ironed out to cement the record.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 [2]