Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Vushcuggan Geshud Moshnun Succession game  (Read 7526 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Vushcuggan Geshud Moshnun Succession game
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2011, 01:28:27 pm »

Oh gods no you engraved the floor
I CAN'T SEE

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2011, 02:28:59 pm »

Sorry, guys. No roleplay.
The first thing I did was get everyone idle. After stopping all the repeat jobs and following the miners around and cancelling the smoothign jobs, I sat back and waited for the odd jobs to finish up. In the meantime, I looked at the scenery and was completely baffled by the stockpiles. I'm pretty sure that there is a stockpile for everything, but they are all over the place. It might crazily be more efficient; things don't seem to be very far from where they need to be. It's not like I need to memorize all their locations, anyway.
A few random animals were tossed into the maze. There are so many, I doubt the loss of a few cats would hurt. I immediately gave up the magma pump project when I realized I would have to create a 150-z-level pump stack with 16 dorfs. Not going to happen in a single year. Should I start on it anyway?
I have also started construction on Isolation Chambers. Two lovers will be locked in an awesome room, with nothing to do but talk to each other. The only problem is the lack of wood to make beds. These rooms are across from the trade depot.
Actually, it seems there are beds in the stockpiles already. And tables. And pretty much everything else. I just have to engrave the rooms and stock a couple in there.
Progress will be updated.

EDIT:
The miner Sakul Dedukneth and the herbalist Mafol Ikudzunter have married! After sitting in a breeding chamber for five minutes, the two decided to marry. Let's cross our fingers.
In unrelated news, I have carved an image of myself into the sands outside the maze. I shall be remembered!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:12:15 pm by Crazy Cow »

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2011, 05:03:05 pm »

Spoiler: Isolation Chambers? (click to show/hide)
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »

Come to Hotsand the Fortress of Suicide! Private rooms! Free booze!

I have no idea who decided to smooth everyfuckingthing, but I kept it and turned off all engraving labors. Add some pretty furniture to the conjugal chambers. Gold statues. Something inspiring.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2011, 10:46:50 am »

Kobolds attacked, sending several ambushes. Plissken and Fath were interrupted from their Biting drills to take care of the menace. Kobolds are quickly dispatched, although elven traders are bothered by a few stragglers. The elves then come to the entrance of the maze, where our soldiers are stationed. There are not elves on the map for very long after that.
In other news, we have plenty of wood now.

EDIT:
Plenty of wood products now. Elves didn't bring a single wooden log.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:56:26 am by Crazy Cow »

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2011, 11:55:24 am »

Kobolds attacked, sending several ambushes. Plissken and Fath were interrupted from their Biting drills to take care of the menace. Kobolds are quickly dispatched, although elven traders are bothered by a few stragglers. The elves then come to the entrance of the maze, where our soldiers are stationed. There are not elves on the map for very long after that.
In other news, we have plenty of wood now.

EDIT:
Plenty of wood products now. Elves didn't bring a single wooden log.

They're taunting us even in death.

If you really need some logs, the caverns have tons of blood thorns. Risky, but stationing Plissken and Fath down there as protection would help.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2011, 01:32:02 pm »

Paaarrrrrty!

Using all logs that we have will 'persuade' caravans to bring us more. The only problem with that is, they usually won't bring much else. I don't know what to do with the useless elven junk, throw it outside for the kobolds.

I've been dying to see how the fort looks, and 10 years is probably enough to regain one's sense of responsibility. I'll take Y10 and Plissken can have Y11 if no one else is in line.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2011, 03:23:09 pm »

I'll take another year too  :D
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2011, 10:09:31 am »

Hey, guys. I have tried playing through my turn, but the game is crawling along at about 10 FPS. It's pretty crippling. I don't think I will be able to continue for another three seasons like this. Here is a pic of the breeding chambers, the only thing I have done so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The contents are one adamantine statue, one table, two thrones for the table, a weapon trap with iron spikes and a bed. The whole thing is engraved (or should be).
If anyone else wants to either continue my turn or start afresh, go ahead. That 12 FPS is as good as it gets and makes it impossible for me to play. Sorry, guys.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:59 am »

Hey, guys. I have tried playing through my turn, but the game is crawling along at about 10 FPS. It's pretty crippling. I don't think I will be able to continue for another three seasons like this. Here is a pic of the breeding chambers, the only thing I have done so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The contents are one adamantine statue, one table, two thrones for the table, a weapon trap with iron spikes and a bed. The whole thing is engraved (or should be).
If anyone else wants to either continue my turn or start afresh, go ahead. That 12 FPS is as good as it gets and makes it impossible for me to play. Sorry, guys.

Any clue what's causing the FPS to sink? Your comp, or another issue?
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2011, 11:19:20 am »

Seeing as nobody else has reported anything, I think it is my laptop. It is only a netbook, and I have problems with embarks larger than 3x3. Add about ten years worth of expansion to that, and I would say that it is my computer.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2011, 01:45:14 pm »

Hmm I forgot about FPS issues, I'll most likely have to retract my second turn

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2011, 11:37:06 am »

Whoah I forgot about this, is someone going next?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »

Don't know, if Darkrider2 or infiltrator wants to pick up the save and add an extra year, or revert the save that will be fine. Are they still following this, or has anyone seen them around? :/

Did Crazy Cow upload the save?
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]