Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh god what?  (Read 653 times)

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
Oh god what?
« on: March 09, 2011, 11:57:57 pm »

I just finished killing a shelled slime monster made of fire (He was also a hill titan). He exploded, he died in one hit, but I somehow wound up without any fat on half of my body.

But then I went to go tell someone, when I stepped in something and got spammed with the "You are melting!" message. What?

It lasted about two days, and I survived.

What the heck did I step in?

Later in that adventure I encountered another one exactly like him, except it was white, and made of salt. Oh also he lived way south, far away from humans. (In a massive tundra that's constantly covered by ungodly ammounts of fog. Like, you can't even tell when it's night in the tundra without pressing W, and you have to take shelter in the mountains when you sleep.)

Come to think of it, what was with that constant blanket of copious ammounts of fog?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god what?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:08:59 am »

you stepped in magma or some other flaming object. heat = liposuction
LOSING IS FUN!

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god what?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »

You must have had some of that flaming slime monster on you.  (It sounds nasty any way you say it.)  Some creature's blood is quite dangerous.  In a fortress, I killed some Blood Men and then there was some sort of sickness that spread through my fort.  Fortunately it was nothing fatal.
I play games of games inside games in my head.