Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cooking overhaul suggestions  (Read 679 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cooking overhaul suggestions
« on: February 11, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »

so toady said in a forum post that the additions in cooking materials might lead to a cook overhaul.  So here are my suggestions.
Have various options that can be enabled by pressing the right key
Ie
[advanced meal option]
pices
[F] lavor
[M] meat
[V] vegetables
  auce
[C]andy
Each option would enable to the cook to look for attritional ingredients to add to meals.  So let’s say you have flavor enabled, your cook would look for a flavor ingredient (say honey) then make =honey glazed dragon roast=
( in these situations flavor, spices, and sauce wouldn’t actually count towards the number of items need to make something only increase its value/nutritional value (if desired to be trakced)
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: cooking overhaul suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 04:38:55 pm »

so toady said in a forum post that the additions in cooking materials might lead to a cook overhaul.  So here are my suggestions.
Have various options that can be enabled by pressing the right key
Ie
{advanced meal option}
{S} pices
{F} lavor
{M} meat
{V} vegetables
{S}  auce
{C}andy
Each option would enable to the cook to look for attritional ingredients to add to meals.  So let’s say you have flavor enabled, your cook would look for a flavor ingredient (say honey) then make =honey glazed dragon roast=
( in these situations flavor, spices, and sauce wouldn’t actually count towards the number of items need to make something only increase its value/nutritional value (if desired to be trakced)

you might want to write it like this...

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 07:22:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is part of the cooking megathread already.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »

Sadly, it seems that cooking improvements is not something that Toady is going to be working on.

Quote from: DeKaFu:
With the addition of eggs and vegetable oil, it's gotten me wondering. Are there any plans to overhaul cooking at all in the near future? For example, meals that require certain ingredients to be included?

Reply from Toady One (2/2/11):
There aren't plans for the near future other than the release schedule I put up and the army stuff which is presumably coming after that, but all of the new materials certainly are suggestive of cooking and don't hurt its chances.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:38:41 pm by AngleWyrm »