Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Facebook's Integration Into Everything  (Read 2960 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook's Integration Into Everything
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 03:41:21 am »

I've never had a facebook account I've used, and as such I am slightly annoyed when I see the little 'like' buttons everywhere.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 01:35:23 pm »

I quite like the Facebook/Twitter integration into things. I use both: Facebook for keeping in touch with friends (none of them use email) and Twitter for... I really don't know what, it's just amusing to read people's tweets. The little 'like' buttons aren't intrusive and are easy to ignore (plus I've changed my Facebook to pirate language so they say 'Arr!' which is, in it's own way, quite entertaining) and I even occasionally click on them.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:50 pm »

Had an account for some months now.
I check it every few days, just to discover that nothing interesting did happen and to delete people from my friendlist.

Meh, people in my class insisted that I got one and I thought that I could meet some interesting people (inland and aboard).
Been a waste of time so far. Wouldn't have missed out on anything, if I hadn't gotten one.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:41:35 pm by Mindmaker »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 02:38:59 pm »

I've changed my Facebook to pirate language so they say 'Arr!' which is, in it's own way, quite entertaining
How do you change facebook to pirate language?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »

I've changed my Facebook to pirate language so they say 'Arr!' which is, in it's own way, quite entertaining
How do you change facebook to pirate language?

At the bottom right is says language (or translations, or something similar to that). Click on that and click on the drop down (up) menu, 'English (Pirate)' it's right below Eesti.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Blank Expression

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 03:37:17 pm »

Yep. That's why I've locked my FB account down to pretty nothing. I don't want and/or need FB to recommend me things. I do not need to provide ad data when I'm not even using FB. Twitter is about as useless as tits on a bull, yet it gets appended to anything with an internet connection.
The claim of Twitter being "useless" is interesting, juxtaposed against its current role in the Tunisian and Egyptian protests. Among plenty of others.

The inclusion of FB and/or Twitter in any game product pretty much tells me the company in charge is desperate for exposure. I'm sure on paper it seems like a good idea. In practice I don't think it really generates them much additional money. It just serves as an entry point for everyone else to make a buck.
It's increased my company's click-through and response rate by over 40%. It does work.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »

What I've noticed is that FB and Twitter are beginning to appear in news articles almost every day.  Not just little articles, either.  They're on the front page most days of the week, at least on the New York Times, which I read every weekday.  Heck, they mentioned facebook twice and twitter once on the main article about the Egyptian riots, on the front page alone.

This is an ominous omen.  Major social reprogramming is in motion, right now, the depth of which we won't realize for a while yet.

I tend to agree.  It's part of the reason I avoid those sites.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »

I hate this integration. I don't want Facebook spying on everything I do so that it can learn what I like and then sell that info, (which is why I don't have an account) and I don't like the annoying little icons, especially since I don't use them.
Ghostery (firefox extension, probably also has a chrome version) seems to snip most of the little icons out nicely.
I tried that. It doesn't work that well, and AdBlock Plus has a near-identical function.
[/post]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:20 pm »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 10:55:54 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »

Install it?  I remember when I opened it in Firefox it did everything for me.  Don't save the file, open it.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 11:13:05 pm »

It seems to be working.  Apparently I had to select Firefox as the program to open it with.
Pages: 1 2 [3]