Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Appearance modifier  (Read 4008 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Appearance modifier
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:49:42 am »

Is it possible to make custom ones? Or are we stuck with the ones given.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Appearance modifier
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:06:09 am »

Yes you can. It's around somewhere. First off, do you want a different bodytype, description, or physical modifier? Body types are stuff like Humanoid and Quadruped. Descriptions are the 'v' 'z' descs and the physical modifier is stuff like blonde hair and green eyes.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:13:01 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:32:03 am »

I want to add actual physical descriptions like in VZ which aren't just the broadness, height, etc.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 05:47:22 am »

As recently mentioned in the Modders Workshop thread:

You can sort of fudge this with using colors. Take a look at descriptor_color_standard.txt . You could make a descriptor_color_custom.txt something like this:
Code: [Select]
descriptor_color_custom

[OBJECT:DESCRIPTOR_COLOR]

[COLOR:WIGGLY]
  [NAME:wiggly]
  [RGB:255:255:255] Unknown if needed

[COLOR:BOUNCY]
  [NAME:bouncy]
  [RGB:255:255:255]

etc

Then in your creature:
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN] Have to select a tissue layer, can't select bodypart...
  [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WIGGLY:1:BOUNCY:1]
  [TLCM_NOUN:body:SINGLUAR] ...But you can call it whatever you want!

That should give you something like "Its body is wiggly." or "Its body is bouncy." in the description.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:03 am »

I must admit, cheating and using colours is one thing I was going to try, but surely I'll have a problem if I want the body to be an actual colour too?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 05:58:00 am »

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:CHITIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:SPIKED:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:chitin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:CHITIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GREEN:1]

"Its chitin is spiked. Its chitin is green."

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 06:02:28 am »

That's good enough. Might not be spiked and green, but it'll do. To the raws!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 10:09:55 am »

Of course the color workaround has the effect that these "descriptors" are used as colors. At the very least, they can turn up in dwarven likes (Urist likes the color wiggly). I'm not certain of it, but I'm pretty sure they can also turn up for random demons, titans, and forgotten beasts (dreadlocked devils - their smooth scales are dreadlocked), though I think night creatures are more limited in their color repertoire.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Random_Physics_Nerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 03:04:34 am »

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:CHITIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:SPIKED:1]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:CHITIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GREEN:1]

"Its chitin is spiked. Its chitin is green."

Could you create a color called "green and spikey" to mash the two into the same sentence?
Take two magma and call me in the morning.
I was thinking about pumping magma up his legs and having a floodgate in his crotch. What could be more dorfy than pissing magma upon your enemies?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 03:53:25 am »

Sure. It's just a string that you tell DF to treat as a color. But then you'd have to create a new color for each descriptor/color combination you want to show up this way.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu