Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130197 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.
« Reply #1140 on: February 08, 2011, 08:25:35 am »

Wow, Webadict. Really? Really, Web? You included what's almost the Hypnotist from Neruz's (Epic) Bastard Mod?
Let me explain.

IronyOwl's role caused him to revert to a Skeleton when a Skeleton was killed. So, had Zathras been killed on the Night that Argembarger tried to kill him, the Cult would have stood nearly no chance. He got lucky, being abducted by Toaster. In fact, he probably would've won without being turned at all if Archangel hadn't been modkilled, since everyone was thinking lynching the leader would stop the Cult (Where in reality, lynching the Cult weakened the leader.)

Now, if IronyOwl had been killed BEFORE a Skeleton died, he would've shown up as Cult. Yes, this Cult was indeed very strong, but everyone should've known who was in it but one person, who would've turned into a Cult Member as soon as one of the Cult was killed.

Now, feel free to call me evil. I admit that indeed was.

Also, sorry to Argem. I asked him to kill while it would have been much more helpfull to stay low. Sorry buddy
Actually, the only thing keeping people from losing was you guys killing potential cult members. The fact that you DIDN'T kill was letting the Cult win. Argembarger getting lynched PROVED you were Town to everybody. Everybody thought you were Town. EVERYBODY!

Also, you should've noticed that IronyOwl had never revived (But was Cult), and that all the Cult members who did revive were never during when they were killed. I tried to leave hints in the game planning, but I guess they were too subtle.

The person I really felt bad for was Ottofar. He had no Vote or Revive before he got Nuked, since he was modkilled, and lost his ability to Kill after being Nuked, which he had never used anyhow! He probably would've soared through the game unnoticed until the end and would've helped kill some of the Cult, but it's too bad.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 08, 2011, 08:48:14 am »

But again I had tried my Nk on Zathras night 2, and nothing happened. Took it as a say that the skellies where Nk immune and that you could only lynch them, or destroy the head.

Another mistake of mine was to ask Argem to Nk. If he stayed hidden like he tought,  the day action would probably reverted to lynch cult , meaning a net gain for us. Actually, we should simply have gone with no NK and stay low, since with his replacement request and org comportment he was not first in line. Chalk to

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #1142 on: February 08, 2011, 09:04:59 am »

Confoosing game is fun.

Anyway, just want you all to know, when I left for those almost-two-weeks, it was for real, even though I was scum. I wasn't lurking in scumchat or anything, I was really gone.

Just want to reassure you that I wasn't epic lurking deliberately, that would've been a dick move.

MBP actually controlled my actions while I was gone, like a puppetmaster. I came back to find that he had kidnapped himself with me. I thought that was a pretty epic strategy.

As long as I was able to outlive NF, to prove that it wasn't him who was responsible for MBP's disappearance, when I died and flipped scum and he was returned the same day, he would be confirmed town.

If the cult hadn't been such an issue, MBP likely would have won hands down :P
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 08, 2011, 09:09:55 am »

Why did not killing the Leader work, why!?. Damnit, And i would have gotten away wiht it if it wasnt for that medling cult ! [...]

Edit : Scumchat
 http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/K8S23sqNKyQ

Heh. Entertaining read, as I expected. Good game. MBP: I know I've been at times derisive of your town play, but you're good scum (and Arg ain't too shabby either!). That stealthy move of yours was solid. As wuba said, everybody was utterly convinced you were town. Indeed, going for Ottofar was the last-minute mistake.

And yes, the cult stuff was pretty confusing. For us too. Took us a while (and a modkill) to come to grasps with it. Worked out in the end, though.

Web: Why didn't the scum NK attempt on me N2 succeed? Also forgot to say earlier: I loved the ghostly flavour, it was well done and added a lot to the revive-happy, spooky ambiance.

PPE: Confoosing game was fun indeed!
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:47 am »

You didn't die because Toaster autoblocked/protected you. You didn't get a blocked message because you didn't action, and you didn't die because you were protected.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 08, 2011, 09:18:10 am »

How many of you guys really thought there was another SK?

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 08, 2011, 09:22:43 am »

Oh, I get it. This was still Chernobyl-Toaster, not Skeleton-Toaster. And MBP's "unblockable" kill only means he can't be roleblocked, not that the target can't be protected.

Yeah, confoosing game. But I'm glad I lived long enough to annoy the daylights out of Jokerman!  8-P

Ottofar: not me, not at all. We should have at least considered it, but never crossed our minds. I thought you were the last scum after Org flipped town...
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 08, 2011, 09:41:04 am »

Clearly i tought you were the cult leader.

Also, scanned Irony and got town, if only i knew.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 08, 2011, 10:08:15 am »

So that's where my second auto-jailkeep went.  Did the first one hit Org?

Great game, and really kept me guessing until the end.  I thought you were scummy early MBP, but you completely fooled me with that slick move.

Zathras:  Why are you Book now?  I liked your role- it's a unique take on the SK.  You would have been very surprised if Jokerman had indeed used Arm on you.

Web:  Was my nuke intended to counter anyone in specific?  I got the feeling it was.  Looks like I used it well, though.

Ottofar:  Man, I did wreck you, and I almost feel bad.  I had no idea there'd be another SK out there.  Why didn't you kill when you could?

I stand by my nuke, but I was foolish to trust MBP's claim that much.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:28 am »

The claim was custom designed, in fact. Made it so i could do everything i claimed, and more. If someone asked me to block someone, i could also have taken a scan, use my kill and claim the scan taken earlier, but with Nirur huge block abilitys it never came to be.  Frankly, i was terrified that someone tought of the weirdness of the half-full D-Pad and guess that i had more options that I made appear.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:31 am »

Also, I told you fools to lynch Argembarger when I nuked myself, but noooo...

By the way, I was telling the truth about D2- I was feeling really crappy and out of it then, hence my craptacular play.  Anyone who thinks I would defend a scumbuddy like that needs to go read D2 of Bastanormal...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 08, 2011, 11:11:55 am »

Ottofar:  Man, I did wreck you, and I almost feel bad.  I had no idea there'd be another SK out there.  Why didn't you kill when you could?

I didn't kill N1, and because of that got modkilled. It would've been quite obvious that if I was a killing role

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 08, 2011, 11:40:06 am »

With a BYOR, a vig (or JOAT) is almost expected.  What about N2?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 08, 2011, 12:06:13 pm »

Ah, finally over. That was crazy.

My plans were vague, but I was hoping for a situation where the cult was weakened enough so that I could block obviousscum Org repeatedly. I would have lost anyway, as MBP was obviously a townie.

Kudos to the cult for managing to not get lynched, even after there being a revivocult was mostly confirmed.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]