Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing Sandbox Games  (Read 5462 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Sandbox Games
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 03:58:17 pm »

!!SCIENCE!! Sandbox, where i can do !!Science!! on different kind of subjects.
Space Sandbox, 2d sidescroller with radial gravity and procedural universe, start with cannons shooting little probes in orbit of your home planet, and at last, infect the whole universe with killer robots making soylent out of any living being they can find.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »

A serial killer game. What!? I need somewhere to vent my sadism!
I really still wonder how that game looked so complete and well thought out yet didn't exist.
To some extent I think that it secretly does exist and is in development.
Yeah, what's going on with the development of it? The real one that came after the hoax, that is.

Crimelike I think it was called.
Work is still being done on it. I can't really say much because I am not one of the coders, I am just currently making some music for it.

The forums for it where spam to hell just the other day! That is some news!
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »

A post-apocalyptic sandbox game, with a true open world mechanic: travel in groups of loosely tied together caravans, hole up someplace, eventually get to the point where you're cruising the radioactive wasteland in a custom-made zombie/mutant killing van, or rebuild society as you used to know it. Something along the lines of some of the many, many Fallout mods out there that do this sort of thing, but with a decent budget and developer.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 08:11:38 pm »

I'd love to see the old ancient city building sandboxes (Pharoah, Caesar, the greek one I never managed to find) updated with new graphics, features etc and made for new computers. I kinda miss that sort of gameplay; none of them work on my current PC.

A lot of the other ideas are great; post-apocalyptic and mecha are my favourite.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 07:50:36 am »

I'd love to see the old ancient city building sandboxes (Pharoah, Caesar, the greek one I never managed to find) updated with new graphics, features etc and made for new computers. I kinda miss that sort of gameplay; none of them work on my current PC.

A lot of the other ideas are great; post-apocalyptic and mecha are my favourite.

Children of the nile comes close, its fairly good too.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:19:58 am »

A LEGO simulator, particularly one focused on the Technic line of products. As a kid I absolutely loved creating various complex machines with a multitude of cogs and wheels and axles all working beautifully together, and that's something you just don't get on a computer. There are some LEGO-based games, both official and unofficial, but they're focused almost completely on building inert models out of ordinary bricks, not stuff that actually works. I'm probably never going to play with or add to my LEGO collection again, because I just don't have the time and space necessary to enjoy it anymore. But I would pay good money for a way to re-live the joy of small-scale plastic engineering on my PC with a wide selection of pieces and proper physics simulation to enable the models to come alive, at least on the screen.

Wasn't there Caesar 4 with 3D graphics and stuff?
As for finding them, google great empires collection 2.
Pages: 1 [2]