Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Computer-based games  (Read 2370 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Computer-based games
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 03:51:02 pm »

Sometimes, I stop to ask myself this:

Who in their fucking mind would make games like these?
Trolls.
Quote from the site says something about it being an "art" game, but it doesn't mean its fun or useful. Seems pretty boring for something that blows up your files.
From what I read on the site, it appears to be a philisophical question about the nature of gaming!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 07:04:52 pm »

Sometimes, I stop to ask myself this:

Who in their fucking mind would make games like these?
Trolls.
Quote from the site says something about it being an "art" game, but it doesn't mean its fun or useful. Seems pretty boring for something that blows up your files.
From what I read on the site, it appears to be a philisophical question about the nature of gaming!

Goddamn, virus:the game looks terrible
If you don't want to risk destroying your machine and have some replayability with it, especially if critical system files are boss fights or something, I would advise using a virtual machine to install an OS in, and then install the game in that. It should be the safest approach.
So in the case of my suggestion, I prefer to create artificial/simulated parallel dimensions, and make the apocalypse happen by-will just for kicks?

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 10:22:56 pm »

If I was getting a new computer and was gonna throw out the old one, I'd pull out lose/lose. It's more fun than a sledgehammer! (plus, if you want, you can still get the sledgehammer)
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!
Pages: 1 [2]