Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The New Combat System  (Read 2115 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The New Combat System
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 05:06:14 am »

Hey guys, I noticed something about the aimed strikes menu. Have you noticed that a blue '!' sometimes appears at the end of a line ussually containing a particularly difficult to preform strike? Well I noticed that that symbol means there is an attack type (Kick, Stab, Etc.) that is sufficiently more accurate then the rest for that body part at the moment. This can allow you to easily score hits on otherwise untouchable body parts, as if they were unconcious. For instance, if the head itself could be marked as an 'imposible' strike and the eye is marked as 'can only graze', however, you have an a blue '!' for the eye and if the resulting powered up attack is blunt, you could easily take that and effectively smash their skull in.

Does anyone need clarification?

Signifies that you have a random attack opportunity, just chose the part with the exclamation next to it and see what you have to attack with. Blue arrows will also point down or up if the opportunity is  page up or down.

Hmm...

How do you breath fire as a dragon?

I've been sitting here for like ten minutes trying to figure this out.

Dragons breathing fire is a special attack which has never been usable by Players and probably still isn't. Same goes for natural fire balls, breath attacks, bloodsucking, etc. 

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Combat System
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 05:09:57 am »

It seems that scratching peoples eyes out is extremely effective regardless of your skill level... It makes fights quite vicious, but slightly easier if you can line it all up
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.
Pages: 1 2 [3]