Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40368 times)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2010, 05:21:08 pm »

Oddly enough, I figured out that we were all scum D1 due to meta, but then I had no idea what to do with it ._.;;

Soli wqas right there with you. I thought there were some town mixed in, but I knew you were scum. I've never been wrong when I call you out as scum, have I?  8-P

But N2, I really thought you were blue, and that blues could win together. I hoped that my post would make you admit "yes, I'm blue scum", but even if you really had been blue town, I'd have pushed for a team victory. It was your "my wincon is kill all scum" instead of a team thing that made me walk away very rapidly.

And I figured that Web would be the only winner if he did the "world police" thing, because he would be capable of winning--and as such all the rest of us would lose.  Hence, I ate him.

On that, good call. GG's wishes aside, I would not have liked "world peace" to end the game at any point, common or not. I'd have eaten him too, even if he could make everyone win!

Also, for the record: I came out and claimed scum Night ThreeTwo!, and went on for three more cycles to win Night Six. Six! What's wrong with the Universe, that a claimed scum lives for threefour more days? Well, it helps that everyone else was scum too... 8-)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:13:20 pm by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2010, 05:22:33 pm »

Soli wqas right there with you. I thought there were some town mixed in, but I knew you were scum. I've never been wrong when I call you out as scum, have I?  8-P

Erm... you've never played a game with me where I was town.  That has more than a lot to do with it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:28 pm »

I rate this game poorly.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2010, 05:24:06 pm »

I rate this game poorly.

The players, or the setup?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2010, 05:25:01 pm »

I had a lot of fun, myself, even if I lost. So many turn-abouts and puzzles to crack. Using fun as a measure for success, I'd rate it an 8.5 out of 10

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2010, 05:27:16 pm »

I, too, enjoyed myself, though I thought that the bit where everyone was scum was kind of lame.  It wasn't a hard puzzle to figure out, just annoying in the end.

Also, you needed to make it clear that Webadict's role actually could make everyone win, because as-is we really didn't have a reason to rez him.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2010, 05:35:33 pm »

He was too loyal to kill me on his own, and only did when forced. I'm a right ruddy bastard, I am.

Yes, you ruddy bastard. But once Vector was dead and it was just you and I, it was fair game. I've never soiled my hands with the blood of a scumbuddy. Not even here, that was GG that killed you, not me.

Quote from: Solifuge #124
...Damn you and your flavor text!
Giving her that Medal was supposed to be a snarky way of saying, after the fact, that "yes I got your anonymous PM via Leafsnail, but now you're too dead for it to matter. :3" Instead, I friggin' brought Vector the Angry Zombie Werewolf back.

Oh god. This is so terrible, it's awesome!

For context on that, I asked Leafsnail to send anonymous PMs to Soli and Toaster (not Vector, because I thought she was too smart and would see right through it) fishing for blueness and flavour. Dumb Soli thought the PM was from Vector, and mounting the cairn with the medal was his way of pissing on your grave... he never thought his pissing on it would have resuscitating qualitites! Talk about unintended consequences! After his earlier betrayal, I was beside myself with laughter!

I knew you were scum. I've never been wrong when I call you out as scum, have I?  8-P
Erm... you've never played a game with me where I was town.  That has more than a lot to do with it.

Erm... there may be something to that, true. But you're never Town! You're made of scum!

As far as the game, I enjoyed it tremendously, and would have even if I lost. It was great fun, and I liked the agile pacing of it. More games should have 24hrs cycles and few players. The setting was interesting, and the puzzle was sufficiently puzzling. The medal was the crowning touch. Things I didn't like? The mod accepting death with a stride and clamming up, the lack of flavour that this caused, and the fact that we couldn't get anything useful from flavour were a bit disappointing. Otherwise, the two masonchats with secret identities was a great idea.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »

Yes, I am dying to play another game with interactive flavortext at some point.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »

Vector, to be honest... you're always scum. I think I've seen you not scum, maybe, once. :P

Also, you needed to make it clear that Webadict's role actually could make everyone win, because as-is we really didn't have a reason to rez him.

I was under the impression giving half the players role-inspects would manage that.

Anyways, It wasn't a perfect game. And yeah, I people would have enjoyed it if things like "flavour" actually did something. But, you know... there's always the next quick bastard.

And in all honesty, I didn't expect webadict to actually win. I figured you guys would put on a much better show than that, after all.

I made a few mistakes with wording that would have made things nicer, to make it slightly more obvious any two players could win (as long as they couldn't still kill each other).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2010, 05:53:07 pm »

Oh and for those wondering about the title? The Resurrection++ was because this is the third time I've tried to run this game, ie Quick Bastard 2. :P The intense steel was because that sounds cool.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2010, 06:07:49 pm »

Yeah, I sent anonymous pms, and did any instructions asked.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2010, 06:42:33 pm »

Yes, and it was much appreciated, Leaf! Did any of them reply to you or inquired further?

Also, in the interest of full disclosure: I was given the medal D1 because I tried to game the system with pre-D1 actions (plus killing Solifuge with a Klingon Dagger, and GryphGlyph with a Clowngun!). I gave it to Toaster in flavour while posting to GG about it, so I could keep the thread entertained with the notion of flavour hunting... I suspected at that time that it was more than it seemed, but I wanted moar flavour, dammit...

But that was not the full extent of my mischief... I was also The Overseer!   I had the account for the other GG game, and as I posted to him in a PM, "I don't expect it to work, but I'll try just about anything in an anything allowed game". He wouldn't let me in, but would let me pretend for a little while... The best part of that was the face Soli made when I went Infect Solifuge.  Heheheh, I thought I had outed myself by replying "I wouldn't worry about it. Undead are immune to disease".

I love surreal games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »

That was silly fun, even though I totally failed to recognize we were all scum.  Ressing twice was good for laughs- I was contemplating claiming I had more resses, but I went with honesty.  Too bad I got gangbanged- my timezone played against me with a 9 AM phase change.

The funniest thing is that I was honest in everything I did (minus changing my role to Town), but I still wasn't believed.  Too bad I tipped the hand about the mason chat- I blame Vector and her trickery.  I need to practice deceit better- I inadvertently helped you figure out the medal, plus roleclaim, etc etc...

Zath: Interesting your plan to edit your original post of Web's role- too bad I checked it and your quote.  I actually thought you had edited it when I saw it was different than mine, and had a post half typed calling you on your attempt to edit it.  Then I actually checked the edit date and saw you hadn't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]