Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Growing Flax  (Read 924 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
Growing Flax
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:59:54 pm »

Could you make flax available to use and grow? I thought it would be possible (it would make getting new cloth a lot easier), considering how long it has been used in the real world.

Could it be done? Or is there a substitute plant?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Growing Flax
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:55:00 pm »

There's rope reed if you're looking for an above-ground crop for weaving.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Flax
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 11:52:46 pm »

I think that for a suggestion of this magnatude, it would be best to head over to the modding forum. The people there are very good at what they do and could produce a flax plant for you.