Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Start skills  (Read 3036 times)

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
Re: Start skills
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 12:17:02 pm »

I always embark with a glassmaker.  Something about literally making serrated glass disks out of thin air to sell for obscene amounts of money, strikes me as awesome. ;D  256 for a no quality green glass disc is pretty good.  Also, if you are in the mood for buying everything a caravan owns, cotton candy discs sell for something like 38k.  I cant remember the exact value.  ;D
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 12:32:34 pm »

Post it when you're done!
Use mine if you like:
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]

[NAME:crossbow:crossbows]

[SIZE:400]

[SKILL:SPEAR]

[RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT]

[SHOOT_FORCE:1000]

[SHOOT_MAXVEL:100]

[TWO_HANDED:0]

[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]

[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]

[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:bash:bashes:stock:1250]
[ATTACK:EDGE:30:1000:stab:stabs:bayonet:1000]

And back on topic, I think it's slightly cheaper to buy the lumber and make splints and crutches on-site if you need them, though it's probably worth having one of each in case your carpenter is laid up with a broken leg.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »

I will often just scrap the splints/crutches.  AFAIK you only need splints, (due to a bug causing dwarves to ignore crutches.  Or has this been fixed?) and those may be constructed on site.  I always bring every type of meat that costs 2 or 4 in order to get a boost to my initial barrel count.  (also one of each fish type).  And make sure you end stacks of meat with a 1 and stacks of booze with 1 or 6 the extra couple points is worth the extra barrel this nets you. 

Always, ALWAYS, bring 50+ bags of sand.  If you forget to throw out some glass products or stone crafts or something, you will have a few (25% of your total number of sand bags) GCS silk bags of sand that the traders will happily take off your hands at 121 each. This is enough to get all the booze as well as a large number of plump helmets. 
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 2 [3]