Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chief Medical Dwarf  (Read 3313 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chief Medical Dwarf
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 02:35:12 am »

...I've had surgery and even traction bench-use go off without hitches (the traction bench must also be bed-adjacent)...

Diagonal counts as adjacent, right?  I have a cluster of furniture in my hospital set up like:
Code: [Select]
BTB
BRB
BTB

Bed, Table, tRaction bench

Will this configuration work?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 03:17:12 am »

Diagonal counts as adjacent, right?  I have a cluster of furniture in my hospital set up like:
BTB
BRB
BTB

Id prefer:

BT
CR

C being chest

tile as necesary.

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 03:31:05 am »

now my cmd is standing with a palm bucket peering into the depths of a well, contemplating applying a cast, but not actually doing it. D:<
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 03:42:52 am »

after removing him from the position, forbidding his bucket a few times, and removing the labor, he finally is applying the cast...not quite what i expected, but acceptable
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 03:58:01 am »

actually, another dwarf just has the same problem. anyone know why this happens?

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 06:19:14 am »

...I've had surgery and even traction bench-use go off without hitches (the traction bench must also be bed-adjacent)...

BTB
BRB
BTB

I prefer BTR surrounded by empty space. I have seen a dwarf moving from bed to (adjacent) bed.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 06:27:27 am »

actually, another dwarf just has the same problem. anyone know why this happens?
It's just a bug.  You've managed to figure out the workaround on your own, or you can just not get any gypsum plaster and bone doctors will use splints instead.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 10:57:54 am »

Cage/Chain/Pit Large Animal is another labor that cannot be disabled by dwarves. You would think it'd be tied to Animal Hauling but it most definitely is not.

For me I manage the hospital by having a squad of six to seven dwarves with a custom profession and then using dwarf therapist to disable all of their non hospital labors when people are hospitalized. It takes some micro, but it avoids having all of your hospital workers permanently idling.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 06:25:37 pm »

Can you just create a burrow over the hospital and the basic necessities (food, booze, beds) for your doctors and thus have them ignore ponding and animals and trade depot tasks (at least most of the time)? They won't run out and drag back the wounded then, but other dwarves can be allowed to do that for them.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!
Pages: 1 [2]