Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: COOP for Significant Others  (Read 3155 times)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
Re: COOP for Significant Others
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 02:38:11 pm »

Great thread. My wife and I love to play games together, but it's difficult to find cooperative games that are fun for her. Some FPS games make her sick (simulation sickness, I think it's called) and give her headaches. Here are a few we've played that I can remember easily ...
  • MMOs. Hey, they're coop (usually). Problem is, I don't much like them -- she loves WoW, for instance, and I hate it after a week (tried getting into it so many times).
  • Borderlands. This was great fun for us, especially after finding out how to let her play in 3rd person. Beaten it twice together (on hard, she's actually pretty good at it).
  • Diablo / Diablo 2. Fun times.
  • Tons of RTS games that allow comp-stomping. She liked Battle for Middle Earth ... can't remember if it was the first one or the sequel. She liked making her own character and leading armies of cavalry (she loves horses). She likes Warcraft III a lot, too. Anything with elves or horses keeps her attention, while I prefer things with guns and stuff.
  • Warhammer Dawn of War II. You can play the campaign storyline together (you control two guys, she controls the other two). Pretty fun.
  • Minecraft. Very addicting and fun to work together to build / explore / whatever. Great sandbox.
  • Saints Row 2. Hilarious fun, can play through the storylines and all missions together. Designed for coop and it shows, worked very well for us. Super easy to lose the cops, too!
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the Xbox (probably all the rest too). Fairly fun.
  • Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (still haven't played 1). Great fun on the Xbox with her. Our first game together when we were still in the dating phase.
  • HoMM, although it takes a long time (of course).

Going to stop now before this gets too long and out of control -- but yeah, I'm watching this topic for great ideas since I'm always looking for some.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 06:45:09 pm »

Me and the boyfriend play Europa Universalis 3 mostly. It's pretty calm, deep and if you play it as allies there is very rarely any reason to dump each other.

YOU CLAIMED MY THRONE?????

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 06:45:34 pm »

I signed up for my University's Co-Op Program because I thought it would be like Gears of War.

:(
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 08:37:09 pm »

My wife and I play Soul Calibur. Our first 'date' together was a versus LAN game of Red Alert 2.

Yeah, I'm bragging again.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »

I can't wait to find out what you used for a wedding ring.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:22 pm »

Gold band with milled edges?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »

Like I keep saying, your left hand is not your wife.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »

Correct?
Pages: 1 2 [3]