Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heavily wounded kobold thieves no longer trap immune?  (Read 1009 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heavily wounded kobold thieves no longer trap immune?
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:37:10 am »

My fortress had a visit by a nice kobold thieve...
so, while he was busy fleeing, I thought, well, let a dwarf operate the spikes at the entrance of the fortress...
well, kobold thieves comes to the spikes and gets heavily wounded in the upper leg, with a fractured bone,
an opened artery and a severed motor nerve.
Kobold thieves stumbles for forward into the next tile,
which s full of weapon traps.
Kobold thieve falls and gives in to the pain
and afterwards gets hacked to tiny pieces by the giant steel axe blades of the weapon trap :D

Looks like the kobold trap immunity can get disabled by severe pain (and probably unconsciousness)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Heavily wounded kobold thieves no longer trap immune?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:38:34 am »

Yep. Knocking it out is the only way to catch a [trAPAVOID] creature in a cage. I think unconscious dwarves will also get shredded on weapon traps, so be careful when fighting around those.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:57:26 am »

Yep. Knocking it out is the only way to catch a [trAPAVOID] creature in a cage. I think unconscious dwarves will also get shredded on weapon traps, so be careful when fighting around those.

Yes, any unconscious creature becomes vulnerable to traps.  It's quite amusing when a wounded dwarf stumbles across a cage trap, and a possible way of dealing with annoying nobles if you can pull it off.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:44:22 pm »

My wounded axelord was returning from taking out most of an ambush single handed, fell unconscious in my iron disc weapon traps and was promptly shredded. ><

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 01:01:59 pm »

So that's why all my pets keep getting caught in my cave traps... they pass out on them...
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »

Didnt web creatures also get trapped no matter what?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 01:35:26 pm »

Yep, I knew from unconscious dwarves and pets, that they would get shredded by friendly traps...
never knew that kobold thieves would follow the same rules
(well, usually thieves get detected by my chained animals at the entrance, before coming near the traps and spikes,
so I never had an opportunity like this [forgot to replace the animal that was killed by the last invasion])

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 04:00:26 pm »

I saw it just last night for the first time, even though I knew it was supposed to happen.  Kobold thief snuck into my fort.  Hammerdwarf bashed the crap out of him, but he ran like hell after only a couple hits and was outrunning the hammerdwarf.  Unfortunately (for him) he succumbed to pain and passed out on the weapon trap with two steel discs and two steel spiked balls in it.  Oops.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 04:42:25 pm »

Didnt web creatures also get trapped no matter what?

Unconcious and webbed will make the creature trigger the trap.
Even if it has [TRAPAVOID].

I have heard dragon fire does the same, but I haven't seen it yet.

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 05:31:26 pm »

A human merchant just took a single goblin bolt to the leg, and stumbled onwards through the trap field to safety.  Unfortunately, before he got to said safety, he decided to let the pain in and have a little rest, at which point he was sliced in half.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 02:15:21 am »

A human merchant just took a single goblin bolt to the leg, and stumbled onwards through the trap field to safety.  Unfortunately, before he got to said safety, he decided to let the pain in and have a little rest, at which point he was sliced in half.
Euthanasia?  That wound was gonna go septic, after all ... right?  ??? :-\ ::) :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"