Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Were the Older Versions better?  (Read 4861 times)

Dynaphus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Were the Older Versions better?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:11 pm »

I think you misunderstand things, For most Slayers who survive and find the common monsters without challenge anymore, they continue their hunt, Going after BIGGER, SMARTER and STRONGER foes. I'm not talking about handing off perks as I am altering what already there....It's not meant to be easy...I would guess that theres a good eighty percent Slayer mortality rate for their first year.....It would have more in common, admittedly with the original, with battles being more heroic and against the odds

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 10:45:57 pm »

isn't that pretty much what most dwarf adventurers usually end up as?

Yes and no......Dwarves do become Unbelievable fighters, But Slayers.......They were feared in Warhammer for many reasons to those who have seen them in battle.....Their Reckless, Violent randomly to whatever they consider could be a Mighty foe, ALWAYS fight to the death without any fear (It's the reason they fight after all), Sometimes becoming the greatest warriors in existence if they survive the first year, with only their Favorite weapons for company, (In the case of the Insane Slayer/Engineer Makiison it was two, Gunpowder Gatling pistols, and his fists), And of course their AWESOME Mohawks
But if you want a dwarf civ with exactly those characteristics...what's stopping you from making 'em?
Well I could give it a shot, though I have little experience coding and may need help with some bit's.....Though there were mentions of an entire Army of the little balls of death in an old copy of White Dwarf, I think you all would have Chuckled at the invention Makiison brought to the army, "The Goblin Hewer"...It's sort of a double armed, rapid fire, Axe lobing machine.
It would be better I think, to make something to go with adventure mode, Throw in a series of caves and ruins and have it Update your title every time you Kill something of Note, From Goblin-Hewer, To Giant-Slayer, To Daemon-Bane....Maybe something when you make your char were instead of points you Put your previous profession and What Disgraced you to the point of being a slayer......

You can do a lot of those with a little modding...make your custom slayer dwarves easily enraged, wear no armor, change their ETHICS to to be more your liking, make custom battle axe firing weaponry, add extra flair to their description & looks (mohawks & war tattoos).

Of course, you can make your own custom beasts & "more challenging" monstrosities that you can hunt from over mountains to the deep abyss...

You can just copy pre-existing RAWs and make things up as you go along, fixing & updating until it's close as possible to your vision (It's also good to look up other people's custom mods...good fro reference).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 11:50:41 pm »

I think you misunderstand things
Yeah, I just don't get it, so you'll have to explain it to me like I was a child. Why is it that you can't build a Slayer character with the means given you and without Godmodding yourself a shitload of imbalance?

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 08:11:13 am »

This Thread Contains A Great Deal of Pedants
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.
Pages: 1 2 [3]