Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The possibility of a new war for everyone  (Read 6032 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The possibility of a new war for everyone
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 08:55:21 pm »

The China who's entire economy relies on American business and debt to them? The China that has no border with or military alliance with the fundamentalist dictatorship that is Iran while they practice state atheism and require all religious entities to register with and alter their teachings to concur with the party line? That China?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 11:36:28 pm »

I doubt this'll cause a WWIII. Things like these happened many times in the past, and major powers have less at stake. Compared to say, the Cold War.
Hello Hunam

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 12:07:24 am »

If you look at it right, there hasn't really been a ww1 or ww2. Don't get me wrong, those wars happened, but it's really been one ongoing war, with one root cause, for near on a century. The great war ain't over yet, bro.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 01:01:11 am »

The US and China are far too closely tied for war to ever be a possibility. At this point mutual aggression, or the destruction (economic or physical) of one would destroy the other, and they are going to grow even closer. China is growing faster, but they will probably plateau and stabilize at a roughly similar rate of growth before they are able to surpass the US, particularly in terms of military spending. It's probably for the best, anyhow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 07:32:37 am »

The China who's entire economy relies on American business and debt to them? The China that has no border with or military alliance with the fundamentalist dictatorship that is Iran while they practice state atheism and require all religious entities to register with and alter their teachings to concur with the party line? That China?
^^^
This.

China has zero interest in backing Iran, other than to troll the United States. Which they *might* do in proxy wars (e.g. using Iran to funnel gear and money to insurgents in Iraq an Afghanistan). But hey, that's what we did to the Soviets in Afghanistan, so itsa fair cop.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 07:46:23 am »

I'm more worried about the legitmancy of the site, let alone the information. This is the same site which claimed Obama was born in Kenya, after all.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:17:43 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 08:51:59 am »

After reading most for this, i can give you this:
WW3 is highly going to happen in the next 100 years, but not from this, Russia would not fight in a war since there military power is not great (They could hold there country but a war campaign would get there country destroy by the  china's army) and most for American would not see in any way for going in this, it best to worry more about the Korea war then this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 12:48:11 pm »

Quote from: Duuvian
Also if I remember correctly the compromise that led to the coalition allows ultra Orthodox Jewish people to be exempt from the otherwise mandatory national draft.

Is this really true? Anyone know?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 01:38:07 pm »

China has zero interest in backing Iran, other than to troll the United States. Which they *might* do in proxy wars (e.g. using Iran to funnel gear and money to insurgents in Iraq an Afghanistan). But hey, that's what we did to the Soviets in Afghanistan, so itsa fair cop.
They have a lot of money invested in Iranian resources, which they pay large royalties for. If America invaded and said, NOPE, THIS IS ALL OURS, then there might be an issue. One that would not warrant military action by any party, if it became an issue.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 03:06:22 pm »

I think a *lot* of people would have issues if America invaded Iran and said "Nope, all ours." Including a good number of Americans.

Besides, that's not how we do things. Our military just clears the way for corporations to BUY all the things.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

Quote from: Duuvian
Also if I remember correctly the compromise that led to the coalition allows ultra Orthodox Jewish people to be exempt from the otherwise mandatory national draft.

Is this really true? Anyone know?

Ultra Orthodox Judaism has always been exempt from their mandatory national draft, IIRC. Atleast that's what I read a few years back, but maybe it wasn't a law and instead just a common sense type rule, since Ultra Orthodox Jews vehemently oppose joining a war or being a part of the military.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 [2]