Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to edit raws to kill cats???  (Read 635 times)

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to edit raws to kill cats???
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:33:29 pm »

Ive tried removing HEART from its raw..

did nothing..

i cant take it anymore.. i have so many and they are all owned making it impossible to kil!!!

ontop of that its kiling my fps! theres about 50 cats!!!!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to edit raws to kill cats???
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:24:33 am »

Remove the brain... or lungs....
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:31:33 am »

Raise homeotherm like a boss!
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:32:56 am »

Changing their body temperature so that they spontaneously explode is a good laugh... you'll lose a lot of Dwarves as collateral damage, though.
Never pet a burning dog.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 12:52:51 am »

i used to just draft the owning dwarf and walk him into a drowning room.  Disallow pet travel through the door once he is in there and move him out of the room again then drown the trapped pet.  Although i dont remember if cats even follow their owners around.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:27:00 am »

I think removing the heart was my idea... Apparently, you don't need a heart to live in DF. Go figure.

Removing the brain or lungs should do the trick. Those, at least, are essential organs with the [THOUGH] and [BREATHE] tags, respectively.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 01:29:43 am »

ya it was yours lol

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 01:33:42 am »

I'm sorry about that. ^_^;
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 01:36:20 am »

I think removing the heart or lungs from the raws just tells the game that cats don't have hearts or lungs, and thus don't need them to live,  obviously - making them harder to kill. Not what you want ;)

go with 87's idea - while cats don't directly follow their owner, they do carry any vermin they caught to him.

edit: I never have any trouble with catsplosions - the cats always strive to eradicate all vermin ANYWHERE, meaning they're quite likely to be the first to spot a goblin ambush. That tends to take care of the cat.  :-X
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:38:11 am by Syndic »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:59:04 am »

Confirming that removing the brains works like a charm, the cats won't die straight away but instead they'll move around a minute like a zombiecat then die from suffocation.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 06:38:58 am »

There are various exotic things you could try in the raws (make cat flesh spontaneously vapourise), but removing the brain achieves it elegantly.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:01:15 am »

How about make half of a cat melt and the other half freeze?is that possible?(attempts to learn raw editing)

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 08:57:50 am »

Maybe you could create a tall tower in your fortress, make the surrounding air a Pit, then assign all cats to the pit. Your entire fortress population will start dragging cats away and flinging them off the tower (or down a long shaft, whatever).
Works for me, and you get about 600 units of meat from a large-scale cat culling.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 10:07:13 am »

I've never had success raising homeotherm temperature, but perhaps I just didn't raise it high enough. I just add the [AQUATIC] tag instead. Same effect as removing the brain I suppose (they eventually "drown" in air), but I guess if a cat is near water they may jump in to save themselves.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 12:17:29 pm »

I simply add [AQUATIC] to cats when they have become overpopulated.  They air-drown nearly instantly when you load the game with that set.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.