Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gladiators  (Read 414 times)

Liid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Gladiators
« on: July 17, 2010, 02:12:19 pm »

As i was reading the dev list i noticed the the crime and justice system, i began thinking that it would be nice with some kind of punishment  where they capture you then send you to an arena, where you are put in a barrack in which they tell you to fight for your life or the like of it. So there you are next to twenty fighters of diffrent races you talk to the nearest guard and get informed that you can get your gear from the quartermaster down the hall, and as you trek down wards you see captured animals and deeper in the corridor behind door you hear demonic voices. After a shot walk you get your loincloth,trousers and shortsword a guard walks up to you and says that it's your turn, he proceeds to drag you to a large gate and wishes you good luck, as the gate opens the light blinds you as you see an elf armed with a spear running towards you.

The part where they capture you is already planned by Toady,locked doors are also planned and prison is planned
But would it be possible to get put in a room then directed to a new room by talking ? and would it be possible to make it?.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:41:55 pm by Liid »

Mitbick

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell Dwarf Fortress without autism.
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiators
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 06:31:50 pm »

While it sounds prett Fun, it might be a little too obscure. Also, normal arenas are already widely used by the community. However, it might be nice for adventure mode, being captured and forced to face off against several randomly picked opponents, and finally achieve freedom.
... Then try to figure out what to do with an entrance that's permanently on fire.

Liid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »

Maybe should have been more clear xD i meant for adv mode sorry ^^ another alternative would be to sign up as a fighter and fight for a salary, it should be possible after Toady adds several of the functions in the dev log and depending if we will be able to mod the new dialog system would even make it possible to do in a mod.

Mitbick

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell Dwarf Fortress without autism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:23:01 pm »

All of this is definitely possible, but it will probably be at least a year before we'll see anything like it. :(
... Then try to figure out what to do with an entrance that's permanently on fire.