Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Favorite Domesticated creatures.  (Read 1093 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Domesticated creatures.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 01:56:38 am »

I'm a fan of cows, as my prefstring shows.

I also like Giant Eagles, but I don't like embarking into the areas where I'll find them. -_-
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 02:14:22 am »

I recall making a pyramid in a yellow sand desert once.  There were tame giant scorpions running all over the place.  Imagining it in my head was awesome.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 02:22:59 am »

I'm partial to Giant Tigers/Lions/Cheetahs when I can get them, but I try to breed everything I can buy or catch. My last fort was full of warthogs, and my current one is full of bears.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 06:18:37 am »

Cows. Easy tellable gender. Plus, they are yummy.
I might like elephants, bears and giant eagles too, but they are scarce more often than not.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 07:05:31 am »

I do tend to stop with dog-breeding after some years and go with whatever the local fauna gives me. I still keep dogs but I only let the golden-haired ones with two or more positive traits in their z-screen live while the rest of the pups go to the meat industry. Or white-haired animals only in snowy environment for example.

At my current fort this means elks and muskoxen for everyone. This does require that I change the exotic pet tag and sometimes I even add trainable but I don't consider this blatant cheating. It's just amazingly entertaining when you read about tantrumming dwarfs getting impaled on horns or invaders being distracted by war elks. We're dwarfs for Armok's sake if pansy elves can tame anything with nothing more than wood, rope reed and plants we can too!!!

Most fun I ever had was with captured grimelings. I never got them to breed but the abundance of wild specimens made for a constant supply of cannon fodder.
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35:09 am »

Milkable Succubi
War Incubi
AND
Pet Tentacle Demons
Pages: 1 [2]