Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Removing "Champions"  (Read 2285 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Removing "Champions"
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 06:05:19 pm »

Actually they don't for the most part in my experience.

Military training (individual combat drills anyway) do train strength, agility, and endurance. Nothing else trains anything, as far as I can tell. Mining out whole z-levels, (dry) pumping every waking moment for 5 years straight, making approximately a bajillion stone crafts, smelting hundreds of bars of metal and so on are some of the things I've tried and it's never increased or even significantly slowed the decay of stats.

If you're sure it's actually working correctly for you, perhaps you could report here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=803

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »

Editing raws has no effect for sure. At least with DF2010. Saw it myself. In DF2010 I couldn't make a visible difference no matter what changes I made in the raws regarding PHYS_ATT, MENT_ATT or SKILL_RATES tokens (always created a new world afterwards). Believe me, I've read the wiki and read about editing those files. The SPEED:1 cheat, on the other hand, works just fine! It's the skill and attribute gain/decay rates that are immune to raw-file editing. Also, I might still have the save that has all the original 7 dwarves (and a German shephard named Snow White), and in that game the dorfs' stats have gone down the drain over time, even after I supposedly had eliminated stat decay. Other than that, my testing mostly comprised of mining the same size area over and over again after fiddling with the raws and doing a world regen. Never saw any difference regarding attributes or the mining skill.

Military training (individual combat drills anyway) do train strength, agility, and endurance.

Oh hey that's nice. At least the att gains are not 100% broken.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »

You need to edit the raw folder IN your saves folder in order to have the change effect that save - editing the normal raws will only change the results in a newly genned world.
Pages: 1 [2]