Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sweet mace  (Read 1844 times)

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet mace
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 01:06:37 pm »

I just had a great idea.
Weapon trap filled with artifacts. Make your entrance one tile wide.
...Oh Armok, that would be so useful and so time consuming that both of those could cancel out the dwarfiness.
Hmmmmm...

I actually have 3 artifact weapons. I guess I could dump those into a weapons trap at the beginning of the maze (its 1 tile wide)

No, put it at the end. That way, the toughest guy (the one who got through all the other traps) gets killed. If you have them at the front, it'll probably trigger on a Fluffy Wambler while a bunch of trolls bash down your door.
Hmm... Wait. Once a dwarf picks up an artifact, does he ever drop it?

If not, this could be a problem

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 01:08:55 pm »

I just had a great idea.
Weapon trap filled with artifacts. Make your entrance one tile wide.
...Oh Armok, that would be so useful and so time consuming that both of those could cancel out the dwarfiness.
Hmmmmm...

I actually have 3 artifact weapons. I guess I could dump those into a weapons trap at the beginning of the maze (its 1 tile wide)

No, put it at the end. That way, the toughest guy (the one who got through all the other traps) gets killed. If you have them at the front, it'll probably trigger on a Fluffy Wambler while a bunch of trolls bash down your door.
Hmm... Wait. Once a dwarf picks up an artifact, does he ever drop it?

If not, this could be a problem

Here's a tip for you - from what I know, artifacts don't melt. Use that info as you will.

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 01:23:27 pm »

Of course!

The solution to every problem is magma.. I'd forgotten

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 04:07:32 pm »

So, what actually happens when an artifact gets stolen or otherwise lost?

And your fortress value is quite high. My fort is in its 20th year and it only has 17 million in value.
igless

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 04:19:14 pm »

The maker of said artifact is... displeased.

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 09:52:44 pm »

I was hoping for a goblin king that would send an envoy saying NYAH NYAH I have your silly little carp leather amulet and I am gonna wear it in front of you NYAH!  And then invade heavily.
igless

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 12:51:55 am »

Yeah, by the time I struck adamantine, which only took... oh, about 3 years, I think, I already had 1 legendary weaponsmith and 1 legendary armorsmith. I basically churned out a ton of masterworks, and got 2 adamantine artifacts worth ~3.2 mil each.

I somehow managed to mine out all the adamantine thats "safe" to mine out. Now there's only the juicy center with demons in it, and I'm scared shitless of there being spirits of fire.

Course, I have 3 champions with all adamantite, and Bembul, who has no less than 2 adamantite artifacts.

I've never actually fought demons before, so what I'm doing is making a hallway covered by ballistas and with upright spear traps (do demons have organs? I hope so :X). Note that this will be the only "entrance" to my fortress. It wouldnt be dwarfy to open up the demon pits at a safe spot.

I'll mine it open on the other side and park my military there. Only if they all die will the demons be led the other way, and if my champions die, I will pull the DROWN EVERYTHING IN THE FORTRESS lever. After I have my revenge.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 02:05:21 am »

I do like how fitting the name is for the description...that sounds like something a LG cleric would use to absolutely maul undead.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 02:17:24 am »

Yeah, by the time I struck adamantine, which only took... oh, about 3 years, I think, I already had 1 legendary weaponsmith and 1 legendary armorsmith. I basically churned out a ton of masterworks, and got 2 adamantine artifacts worth ~3.2 mil each.

I somehow managed to mine out all the adamantine thats "safe" to mine out. Now there's only the juicy center with demons in it, and I'm scared shitless of there being spirits of fire.

Course, I have 3 champions with all adamantite, and Bembul, who has no less than 2 adamantite artifacts.

I've never actually fought demons before, so what I'm doing is making a hallway covered by ballistas and with upright spear traps (do demons have organs? I hope so :X). Note that this will be the only "entrance" to my fortress. It wouldnt be dwarfy to open up the demon pits at a safe spot.

I'll mine it open on the other side and park my military there. Only if they all die will the demons be led the other way, and if my champions die, I will pull the DROWN EVERYTHING IN THE FORTRESS lever. After I have my revenge.

yeah, well, the demons are kinda infinite, fly and don't need to breathe. Also, immune to magma. some can pass fortifications, and some are immune to caveins.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 02:59:19 am »

Good Sheriff's Beating Dispenser.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 06:26:15 am »

yeah, well, the demons are kinda infinite, fly and don't need to breathe. Also, immune to magma. some can pass fortifications, and some are immune to caveins.
In the new version. In 40d, you can just send your 5 super-legendary wrestlers that have been training since the beginning of the fortress down and they'll toss the demons like firecrackers. Of course, those were the froggy kind, but the leader got flung as well...

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 [2]