Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Proposal Regarding Healthcare  (Read 1978 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Proposal Regarding Healthcare
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 10:24:06 am »

I can only imagine the malpractice suit that would happen if your best medical dwarf had a Fell mood in the middle of a procedure.

something like this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBKeYKwNVmo&feature=related
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 02:15:10 pm »

I personally ascribe to the idea that nobles should be treated as nicely as possible, because they're nobles.  The peasantry may resent them, but what do I care for peasants.  The nobility are my main concern.  After all, the entire reason they're in the game is to provide a challenge, and I like to think that if you're in a position to make demands and enforce your decisions, then you deserve whatever you want.  Plus, I like to view myself as the divinity of a divine right monarchy, and I want the dwarves to know that their betters are better because I believe they are.

So yeah, I'm definitely ok with the idea of nobles being able to say that they get treated before lesser dwarves.

ZapRowsdower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:00 pm »

This does lead to an interesting way of killing nobles though...

Shady Dwarf:The dwarves I work for want this operation to go...not so well, if you get my meaning.
Doctor:And the payment?
Shady Dwarf:The booze will be delivered after the "accident".

You would of course have to kill the doctor to get rid of all the evidence, but that parts easier.

-ZR

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 10:36:50 pm »

This does lead to an interesting way of killing nobles though...

Shady Dwarf:The dwarves I work for want this operation to go...not so well, if you get my meaning.
Shady Dwarf:The booze will be delivered after the "accident".

You would of course have to kill the doctor to get rid of all the evidence, but that parts easier.

-ZR

Every Dwarf has a price. Remember that. From a dozen cases of Sunshine on the doorstep of a Noble in the Mountainhomes to a cup of Gutter Cruor held above the head of a desperate and sober dredge, every Dwarf has a price. And as long as you can pay that price?  Then everyone in the world can be wrapped around your beard.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ZapRowsdower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 10:52:36 pm »

I fear that this thread may have descended more into a thread about how we need a dwarven mafia.

And by fear I mean love...a lot.

-ZR

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 11:00:37 pm »

Shady Dwarf:The booze socks will be delivered after the "accident".

Fixed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »

Shady Dwarf:The boozesocks will be delivered after the "FUN".

Fixed.

Doubleplusgood Fixed!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 11:33:00 pm »

rofl. we're all insane!

ZapRowsdower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 11:55:48 pm »

I stand corrected. Actually im at my desk...so...

I sit corrected!

@Eagle_Eye...Yes, insane like a FOX!

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 01:05:21 am »

For those that missed it: OP was a large, mangy, cave-dwelling creature with an unnatural affinity for regenerating limbs.

He would therefore have no need what-so-ever for a healthcare system. Don't be so silly!
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.
Pages: 1 [2]