Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: removing the cluster stones  (Read 2932 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: removing the cluster stones
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:16 am »

I've deleted it before and it ran just fine, it didn't crash, even when i dug as deep as i could.
Did you look in the magma sea? The lack of adamantine should make something go funky.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:25 am »

It doesn't make anything go funky, it just had a layer stone in its place. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

-edit-

The testing I was doing in particular was in steps... I removed all but one soil, all but one stone, no gems, no minerals, all metals, all but one tree, all but one plant. The world worked fine, more or less. I booted up insanely quick and ran so well for so long. Oh, the only creature AT ALL were dwarfs and the HFS that you can't mod.

There was someone working on a bare minimum mod for dwarf fortress, I think I should try to come out with something as well, especially with all my new found knowledge of the raws from working on the guide.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:59:05 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 01:58:13 am »

It doesn't make anything go funky, it just had a layer stone in its place. If you don't believe me, try it yourself.
I'm kind of in a 'I don't want to play DF for X amount of time' state. :P

Hm, if slade is replaced by a layer stone then a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
is possible! You must do it, FOR SCIENCE!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 02:00:14 am »

You could also mod slade to be mineable. You just lower the... density I think it was, lowering it by 1 made it able to be mined.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 02:03:11 am »

Yeah, I knew that, I was just being... Something...

It's [IMPACT_FRACTURE:X].

I wonder if you can even build a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
without dieing.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 02:12:39 am »

I don't know, I'd have to get around to that, there's plenty other things I'm exploring first, I don't think I have had a fort for 2 in game years yet, since 31.01 came out.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 11:35:27 am »

The problem with building a circus fortress, other than slade, is that you will eventually face wave after wave of clowns. Moreover, semi molten rock and glowing pits....

If you want to remove stones, just have them boil away when mined.

If you want certain stones to never exist in your world in the first place, remove their entries in the raws. Try the wiki "non dwarf guide to stone."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:50 pm »

LACK OF PUNCTUATION ENRAGES ME, BUT DO I COMPLAIN ABOUT IT?
Do you?
ARGH, MY SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND TXT SPK GLAND.
Apparently!

(also)

Just remove it's raw entry if you want to get rid of it.
Just remove it's raw entry
it's

-

Aside from that, "Mohreb el Yasim" has the right idea. Go through the stones which are annoying you (Microline, etc) and change their DISPLAY_COLOR to something less offensive. I guess what you originally wanted was a list of those stones... I don't have one on hand, but this should at least help.

Good luck!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 04:47:57 pm »

Yeah, the stones don't bug me, the added color is nice here and there in my opinion.

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 02:42:51 am »

What I do is simply change the brightness of cyan, yellow and magenta to 192 on the two relevant colours rather than the typical 255. It means deserts and microcline are much less eye-burning for me.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:32 pm »

No eye-searing landscapes? No microcline? No ADAMANTINE?? What manner of elven sorcery has taken hold of this topic?
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 04:18:32 pm »

I once hated microline, but after my fourth epic dining hall made of the stuff it grew on me.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons
Pages: 1 [2]