Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How do i control my anger?  (Read 4747 times)

Pathos

Re: How do i control my anger?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 02:35:35 am »

Psychatrists peddle drugs. Psychologists find ways to vent anger.

One survey in a clinic had this question

I get angry sometimes:
True
False

Well, psychiatrists diagnose and treat (the doctors of the psychology world) whilst psychologists study (the researchers of the psychology world).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 12:34:16 pm »

Physical activity.  It makes you too tired to think about killing anyone.  Seriously, work yourself to exhaustion every day (or at least a few times a week, and the muscle pain will keep you docile the rest of the time).  I'm planning on starting a vegetable garden when I get older, for this very reason.
Actually, if he's a young man, then constant physical activity will just make him big and muscular along with increasing testosterone and making him more prone to anger. Bad combination.

Haha, whoops.  Yeah, I forgot that young men would be more likely to become more manly, rather than ending up with my "serious exercise on Tuesday, and then can barely move for three days" routine >_>  Ahhh, the joys of being female...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2010, 12:54:32 pm »

"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 05:00:35 pm »

Raise up your anger as high as possible, as long as possible (when nobody is nearby)

Eventually you will learn to be anger-resistant.

Disagree: this just makes you crazy.

I'm not talking indulgent catharsis, to be clear.
You do not let out anger because it feels good, unless you are trying to build up immense amounts of anger for future use!

I mean letting out the anger emotion constantly, maximizing as much as possible, as long as possible. triggered through quiet intelligent thought, with time for contemplation of anger like some sort of buddist monk.
By raising up the production of anger repeatedly above maximum, the body will produce the hormones that break down anger, diffusing the problem. This is not a strategy to be half-assed.

It's doable but takes alot of dedicated quiet time to make it happen.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 03:48:22 pm »

I suggest taking up a violent sport.

Boxing, MMA, Football, and Hockey are all very violent sports. I find they help vent it in a constructive way.

On the other hand, a technique of relaxation and meditation might be better. If you're religious, or of any religion, reading religious texts can be quite soothing. There are many different meditative and relaxing things you can do. Often, taking walks cools people down.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 2 [3]