Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What would happen if Recettear was more like Dwarf fortress...  (Read 1787 times)

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What would happen if Recettear was more like Dwarf fortress...
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »

Recettear   Is a cute funny doujin game recently released where you play a little girl who opens an item shop to pay off the debts of her deadbeat dad before a fairy loanshark breaks your kneecaps and takes your house leaving you to live in a cardboard box.   I found the game quite enjoyable but after a night of staying up till 530 am working on misclaneous fanarts, my sleep deprived brain decided to wonder,  what would that  game be like if it was more dwarvey.

Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: What would happen if Recettear was more like Dwarf fortress...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 03:39:34 pm »

The art style and characters would probably be complete opposites, because right now it's pretty anime and girly like.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: What would happen if Recettear was more like Dwarf fortress...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 03:40:01 pm »

We would be killing half of the people that come in here. Also I made a thread in other games. Look at it if you want
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita