Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: And thus, I figured out how to use the military.  (Read 1725 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: And thus, I figured out how to use the military.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 11:31:53 am »

The only problem I have with the military is getting them to put on gloves. Most of them grab two, but a couple of idiots put on 1 set of gloves between them (one left, one right) and left the other sets of gloves in the stockpile untouched.

Everything was good until my military commander wielding an artifact steel axe lost his hand (the one holding the artifact) to some wimpy goblin with a silver axe getting a lucky hit on his unarmored hand. The funny thing was as soon as his hand flys off his buddy runs over and puts on the other glove. In honor of the commander's stupidity, I gave his artifact axe to another axe dwarf and sent him at the next wave as a one-handed wrestler. Without his hand, he was fully encased in steel armor - so the only wound he received was a hit to one of his fingers which broke his NAIL.

Due to this broken nail, he is scheduled to receive sutures (uh... ok?) and already had the wound cleaned. The doc fails to suture him (I assume because its a friggin fingernail?) and he has spent a bit over a year resting his broken fingernail while his comrades valiantly fight off the goblins and creatures of the deep.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 [2]