Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great fort site (gen info for v. 0.31.02) with everything  (Read 3235 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Great fort site (gen info for v. 0.31.02) with everything
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:21:54 am »

This is a really great fort site for those who want a bit of everything.

It has:
Sand
Rock layers for every metal and high end gems to be available
The new HFS (the one that's only on 1 local tile per mountain tile)
5 shafts of "Praise the miners!" (one of which extends way up into the cavern system)
Plenty of surface stuff (trees for early woodcutting, murky pools for early fishing and water use, good wildlife like elephants)
Good underground stuff (accessible magma, only 15 levels down. Plenty of water. Open cave areas with lots of trees.)
And a tunnel connecting two goblin forts! (if you notice in the picture, you're RIGHT beside a dark fortress - not sure if they'll invade through that tunnel or anything, I haven't dug down to it yet).

All total the Z-levels are 76, but you should be able to modify this if you want less/more by changing the worldgen settings (it should only affect the # of layers and not the rock types or presence of HFS, unless you specifically disable it)

The biomes are:

For those who don't know, the layers present provide:

The world also has other interesting sites scattered around with flux and sand and such that might be good too.

One warning: The world takes a bit to gen to the year 1050, so you may want to stop early. A LOT goes on in this history - massive goblin empires, tons of wars, sites being destroyed left and right (plenty of ruins).

Anyway, heres the world gen info:
Spoiler: World gen parameters (click to show/hide)

And the picture of the site location (right on top of the goblin fort):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I chose a 4x4 because I wanted to have a good mix of the biomes, but you could shrink it down to 3x3 and still have most stuff. The location of the features (for resizing it) are:
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Great fort site (gen info for v. 0.31.02) with everything
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:40:19 am »

I think I love you now.
くコ:彡

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:49 am »

I regenned with slightly diff parameters (less layers) and got the same world with a different history. In this history one of the big dwarven civs is at war with the distant goblins (not the ones nearest the site, so I don't think it counts) and the nearest elves (so they'll attack you) at 1050, which could be fun - or you could play the other dwarven civ and be at peace with everyone. It only has 64 total layers, so would probably be a bit better on FPS.

The only difference is less Z-levels, reworked underground (bit less water, still some edge water for infinite source though), and different world history.

You could be at war with both the goblins AND the elves if you picked a different site in the world, and there are plenty of other places with sand/flux and such (even ones with obsidian/sand/sedimentary flux stone like this one), I just haven't checked them all for the presence of HFS since I already found a good one :)

Heres the world gen parameters for the modified version:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now I'm off to build my fort at war with the Elves. I bet they'll like the magma. Mwahahaha...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:10:24 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 03:25:15 am »

AAAAGH. My computer is such a piece of crap that even with nothing else running, 31.02 worldgen runs for half an hour and freezes.
くコ:彡

Fastler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:30:07 am »

I would use it, but i have forgotten how to. *ashamed*
I hear if you combine them with dwarven syrup you can make rhesus pieces.

There are no Kangaroos in Austria. Trust me.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:41 am »

copy paste into worldgen.txt, open dwarffort.exe, go into design new world, and choose this one
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:53 am »

Sigh. All it needs is a brook that freezes during the winter.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 05:45:21 am »

Just embarked on this with a 6x6 and its beautiful. Thanks a lot Paul

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 08:24:10 am »

I would use it, but i have forgotten how to. *ashamed*

Don't worry, you're not alone.  Took me forever today to figure out the worldgen thing for the underwater volcano somebody posted.  I put the worldgen in it's own txt file and then spent half an hour staring at the design new world screen wondering how to load it >.>  Think the wiki finally got me sorted out.

Gonna give this a go tonight, see what fun happens.