Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Acid rain strikes again!  (Read 1809 times)

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Acid rain strikes again!
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »

So I had just got back from my quest to kill a local giant, and I was assigned a new quest to kill a bronze colossus. Knowing what was in store, I bought some armor, another sword, and a crossbow with some bolts, and went to the local temple to train up crossbow skill without destroying any bolts.

While in the middle of training, I notice a wounded priest walk in. I examined him, and apparently his head and feet was melting. Soon afterward, another man walked in with similar conditions. I remembered that it had just started raining, and I checked the temperature. It was scorching.

Finished with my training, I ventured outside to see that the rain had stopped, but there was a lot of blood by the tavern. I went in. There were bodies everywhere. Multiple townsfolk had and still were bleeding to death. Unfortunately, the warlord who gave me my quest had also perished. On the bright side, there's lots of free stuff!
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Acid rain strikes again!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:59 pm »

My choice to journey to the hot south regions of my new world is starting to sound ill conceived.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:00:04 pm »

DF needs umbrellas.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:10:19 pm »

Acid rain? Dwarf Fortress has ACID RAIN? What?
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 10:42:12 pm »

I've heard it's caused by some level of convection being added in.  If it rains in Scorching areas (Or possibly above where there's a full sea of magma?), the water comes down boiling and melts living creature it touches.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:56:38 pm »

File a bug report.  That sort of thing shouldn't be happening.  Either the town shouldn't have been built there or the rain shouldn't be 'boiling' as it touches everyone(more likely the latter).

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 10:59:59 pm »

Actually a bug report has been filed.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 11:10:29 pm »

You know, the destructive rain would explain why so many people in my gen'd world worship rain.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:39:44 pm »

I've heard it's caused by some level of convection being added in.  If it rains in Scorching areas (Or possibly above where there's a full sea of magma?), the water comes down boiling and melts living creature it touches.
Just like in real life!