Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Queen Consort Is Also A Mayor And A Woman  (Read 1776 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Consort Is Also A Mayor And A Woman
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 05:12:04 pm »

Or maybe, when the mayor was promoted to queen, the mayoral elections went on, and the queen consort, who had spent all her time going to parties, had plenty of friends, so she got elected easily.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »

Theory:
Muthkat married Shem, presumably Shem was king, making Muthkat his consort. Shem died in 5, and Erith became queen in 6, changing the King consort entity position thingy to Queen consort.

I think you've misunderstood the naming convention somewhat - a King's wife is a Queen Consort, while a Queen's husband is a King Consort. Thus, Muthkat was always a "Queen Consort" (by virtue of having been female), never a "King Consort".
A Queen's husband really should be a Prince Consort.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:07:49 pm by Heliomance »

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:36 pm »

I don't see a bug.  It looks like the Queen Consort was married to the king.  Her husband died and she became a mayor afterwards.  She retains Queen Consort status and picks up a new one.  Meanwhile, your civ has a new Queen and a King Consort.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 01:41:31 pm »

What happens if you have two Royal Consorts in your civ and your Ruler shows up?

Does the game send you all three of them or just the current Ruler and Consort?
Pages: 1 [2]