Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Old age  (Read 1755 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Old age
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 10:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nite/m4re:
<STRONG>

I think it is the Miner's guild thing that got removed when the first 3D version came...</STRONG>

There was a miner's guild?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

The used to be several guilds in the old 2D game. Whenever you have enough of a particular profession, a guild master would show up and start demanding work for the guild. That is where the mayor demanding 14 mining jobs came from.

the guilds can be found here in the archive of the old wiki. I was a big supporter of House Råsh.
--------------- Back on Topic----------------

I like the ideas, and it would really give the population depth. I don't like the idea of immigrants being that highly skilled, however.

The sage noble could have the benefit of always heading to workshops/activities he has skill with, and doing job "Tell them what to do". He interrupts a worker temporarily, but gives them a small xp boost in that skill, based on a social skill and his own level. He also dominates the mayor with complain meetings and juggles the prices 2x as often as any other dwarf. At that is all he does, all day. He has NO labors on.

If a trial system is added to dwarven justice (as has been suggested elsewhere) the elder would also be the head judge.

[ March 26, 2008: Message edited by: Othob Rithol ]

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

Man, I almost wanna get the last release before 3d to get those Noble's.

As for the age thing, I wonder if something like that might be in the works for the Life Cycle arc.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:25:14 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 [2]