Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering, RAM's thread.  (Read 11359 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering, RAM's thread.
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2009, 05:49:59 pm »

I think that constructions can (X) on the turn they come into play, I am thinking of having abilities only able to target the military, but that would be very restrictive on what abilities people can make...

Hmmm, I am pretty much toast with that, I think I will need to make events and abilities deal damage as normal, but that will require a certain amount of elegance in their use.

[/b]
Take the hit

8FS
4hand, 32deck

12f
3w
4s
1m

I Draw a card  5hand 31deck
*gasps and explodes*

I (X) [Elaborate Kitchen]+ for (f)  15f
I (X) [Dwarf Miner] for (s)  5s
I move [Dwarf Miner] to my military 1/1
*considers the implications of (X)ing and moving*

I have
 [Elaborate Kitchen] 2

[Military]
 [Swordsdwarf] 3/1
 [Dwarf Miner] 2/1(1/1)

8FS
5hand, 31deck

15f
3w
5s
1m

I had
 [Broken Supply Chain]

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2009, 05:52:08 pm »

I draw, and attack with my dogs.

I do nothing else. Looks like you're going down...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »

I think that constructions can (X) on the turn they come into play, I am thinking of having abilities only able to target the military, but that would be very restrictive on what abilities people can make...

Hmmm, I am pretty much toast with that, I think I will need to make events and abilities deal damage as normal, but that will require a certain amount of elegance in their use.

[/b]
Block with my miner (miner 0/0 FS 6, Squad 3/4)

6FS
5hand, 31deck

15f
3w
5s
1m

I Draw a card  6hand 30deck

I (X) [Elaborate Kitchen]+ for (f)  18f
I play [Pressure Plate]  3s
*this is the point at which I got greedy and died*

Attack with [Swordsdwarf]

I have
 [Elaborate Kitchen] 2
 [Pressure Plate] 1
[Military]
 [Swordsdwarf] 3/1

6FS
5hand, 30deck

18f
3w
3s
1m

I had
 [Broken Supply Chain]
 [Dwarf Miner]

[/b]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:27:40 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2009, 06:13:59 pm »

So this over?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2009, 06:29:30 pm »

No, that was just a prediction, I still have 6 fortress strength and I am attacking with enough force to kill one of your doggies.

But yeah, I am toast.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2009, 09:24:47 am »

Good enough for me.
I forfeit, concede, gg, whatever.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32:31 pm »

Erm... okay, any thoughts on the new cards? I will be changing event damage to work the same way as creature damage.

And about the new rules, any thoughts?

Spoiler: this is my hand (click to show/hide)

I guess I am open to business again...
Read the First Post!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2009, 01:00:57 am »

I'll go over the new cards later but first:

Dear god, all the changes you've made...

First: If this is the rules set we're using, I'm just trashing the current cards in the expansions I was working on and retrying later. The changes and clarifications and such have basically rendered all the assumed playing environments completely destroyed. Any balance they might have will be based on luck.

Second: 1: No event cards currently deal damage anyway. Several place -1/-1 tokens, but I see none that deal damage. Please do not change event damage to target only military cards first. That's unreasonably difficult, and may I point out that such would be the point to event damage? Currently, it's reasonable to block ranged, but when you start blocking events completely, it feels like they're much less useful. If not at all.

Also: I feel like squads are overpowering... but I'm not sure. I'd have to run a test match to be certain and... yea. Luck seems to indicate otherwise, but I dunno. I guess the only military creatures in military helps. Currently all {Soldier} cards can attack as one card right? Couldn't a large enough pile just punch one creature for super massive FS damage over and over unless your opponent has a similar squad out? And even then, the targetting rules imply... lots of weird gaps.

Anyway... yea... I feel like I should just wait for you guys to finish up getting the rules where you want them to be... it'd be pointless to try and rush my cards when it would just screw with them too much otherwise. I'll wait for awhile then.

((Figured I'd post in here, the rules changes are all in here so... Yea.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009, 01:06:09 am »

Yeah, something is wrong with stashing your all soldiers into one pile.
Maybe make squad only apply when blocking and not when attacking?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009, 03:43:48 am »

I would rather post a limit on fortress damage.
Maybe battles in the military don't damage fortress strength.
Squads cannot deal more damage to fortress strength than the strength of their single strongest member?

The rules in my thread are just in my thread, I am trying to run a testing thread so that I can see alternative ways of doing things. Unfortunately, with Taritus out of the loop, there is no 'main' thread and I am the only one running games. But Rooster should be willin to run games and if Rooster is okay with it I don't mind if you(PrinnyBaal) Want to run games as well. Then you can look at the funkiness in my thread and decide if any of it would work for you...

But if people specifically request an original rules game then I could do that too, I am just trying to try out some new concepts. The secondary phase thing for example seems to be quite successful, it almost halves the number of reply posts and the effects on the game are fairly minor...

As for the event damage, it should only apply to damage, so the counters are unaffected. As for what it does affect, that would be the abilities of some creature and structure cards to deal damage, the only problem i have at the moment is the Hammerer, who becomes more powerful as damage becomes less so, but hopefully it will be manageable it will still reduce the target's combat effectiveness...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:56:01 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2009, 08:37:00 am »

So...

how are gonna solve the thing that games end too early and the first guy to draw big dudes wins?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2009, 02:35:13 pm »

I would like to test out my new rules a bit more first. You could always introduce a bunch of 'kill one creature' cards. That way having more targets is an advantage...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]