Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aluminum & the Alchemist  (Read 1079 times)

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aluminum & the Alchemist
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 08:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>The Dungeon Master allowing electrum (and electrum and platinum as currencies) is just a DND joke.  It doesn't take anything particularly crafty to make electrum as far as I know, and the first electrum coins are very old.</STRONG>

Interesting, I never knew that.  For those of us who were never into D&D, what is behind that joke?

Disruptive Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.relicnews.com
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 08:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ricree:
<STRONG>

Interesting, I never knew that.  For those of us who were never into D&D, what is behind that joke?</STRONG>

The person who runs and manages a Dungeons and Dragons game is called a Dungeon Master, they control everything in the world. Electrum in DnD is, IIRC, a non-standard type of coin that has value between gold pieces and platinum pieces.

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 09:07:00 pm »

Between gold and silver, actually, if I recall correctly from my extremely limited 2e knowledge.  They removed this for simplicity's sake in Third Edition and Edition 3.5.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 01:26:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Disruptive Idiot:
<STRONG>

The person who runs and manages a Dungeons and Dragons game is called a Dungeon Master, they control everything in the world. Electrum in DnD is, IIRC, a non-standard type of coin that has value between gold pieces and platinum pieces.</STRONG>

Ah...  I knew that much.  I was just kind of hoping that there was more to it.

Pages: 1 [2]