Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Undead creture you've encountered  (Read 2397 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Best Undead creture you've encountered
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »

A flipping skeletal great white shark.

Wait a minute, Doc... Are you telling me this sucker did flips too?!

I'M ON A (skeletal) DOLPHIN, DOIN' FLIPS AND SHIT...

Yo dawg, we herd u leik flippin, so we put a flip in ur shark so you can  fl- OH GOD MY LEGS!

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 11:20:35 pm »

"Hey  look a shark jaw lets sell it to some tourists"

"ARRRGH MY HAN---"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 12:47:01 am »

My last fortresses was going to be a bridge connecting an island to the mainland. All of my dwarfs were killed within about thirty seconds by a skeletal great white shark.

Skeletal shark? Really? Sharks don't have any bones besides their jaw. They just have a bunch of cartilage, which is that stiff stuff in your ear and nose.

MY INNER NERD WHICH SOMEHOW KNEW THIS FACT DEMANDS A FIX.

You realise that means it was just a flying jaw that flew out of the sea and ate all his dwarves? This makes it substantially scarier.
LOL. Won't you mind if I sig this?

UPD:
Ahh, never mind, it's too long.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:33:27 am by HmH »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 01:03:48 am »

When I saw skeletal whales crawling out of the sea. Best. Death. Ever.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 01:13:43 am »

My last fortresses was going to be a bridge connecting an island to the mainland. All of my dwarfs were killed within about thirty seconds by a skeletal great white shark.

Skeletal shark? Really? Sharks don't have any bones besides their jaw. They just have a bunch of cartilage, which is that stiff stuff in your ear and nose.

MY INNER NERD WHICH SOMEHOW KNEW THIS FACT DEMANDS A FIX.

You realise that means it was just a flying jaw that flew out of the sea and ate all his dwarves? This makes it substantially scarier.
LOL. Won't you mind if I sig this?

Don't mind at all, feel free.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 03:21:10 am »

if they can flip that isn't that big discovery, for example a skeletal dragon Can breathe fire but how? he has no organs,muscles,tendons and so on.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 06:10:24 am »

Considering it's an animated skeleton of a dragon, the fact that it can breathe fire is the least of our worries.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 06:41:06 am »

if they can flip that isn't that big discovery, for example a skeletal dragon Can breathe fire but how? he has no organs,muscles,tendons and so on.

Wait, so you mean that if I had organs, muscles and tendons I could breathe fire as well?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 06:58:10 am »

No because you lack a certain magic that Omni-Armok imbues on dragons at the beginning of the world.

While it could be easily explainable for living dragons to have some kind of organ that gives them the firebreath, but only magic could explain the skeletal dragons.

Maybe the skeletals have a magical ball of fire just behind the head or inside the mouth that represents this source.

I've heard of undead titans, but never seen one in legends. Of course though, I gen worlds with a lower amount of evil zones, so the chance is even smaller.

We should be seeing more undead megabeasts the next release.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:02:28 am by smjjames »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 07:11:31 am »

You are at the benefit of not knowing me. For the future: never take me seriously.

I can imagine later versions having a more complex undead system (in fact, it's almost guaranteed) - it'll probably be eventually possible to remove the firebreath attack (or whatever later substitute)  from dragons in the case that they are undead... I'd prefer it to somewhat-inexplicable fire-breathers personally, even if it wasn't set by default.

Back on topic. I came across a skeletal Death Tyrant in the Legendary Lands mod once - if you've ever played LL you'll know how insane those things are - fifty (50!) tentacles and absolutely massive. The only real disadvantage to the Tyrant is that it's got utterly average speed, but a skeletal one... ouch. My adventurer took a bad hit and got torn to peices nice and slowly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 07:19:01 am »

I really wasn't taking you seriously, just making a joke alongside of that, but whatever.
Pages: 1 [2]