Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HammerDwarfs Vs. Goblins  (Read 815 times)

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HammerDwarfs Vs. Goblins
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:53:15 pm »

OK Guys... I have little problem...
I have a squad of Legendary Champions... all are Ultra-Mighty and are armed with iron hammers... this is, of course, great and not the problem...
The problem is that when they whack a goblin the goblin goes flying... and the Champion runs after him.
Now they hit pretty damn hard and the goblin is dead in the air... but the Champion is running after a flying corpse, ignoring the Goblin Bowmen standing right beside him...

Is there any way I can get them to ignore the flying corpses?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: HammerDwarfs Vs. Goblins
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »

No.

Possibly if you slow the game waaaay down, and micromanage each battle, De-Activating the dwarf and then re-activating them and hoping they select a new opponent - but then you'd risk them dropping all their armor.

I'll stick with "no".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:20:47 pm »

no save for you.

but many lulz ;D
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:31:41 pm »

:( oh well...
I guess I'll go with plan B... build lots of walls so that they'll just collide after a short distance rather than flying for ages... it'll also give my troops cover... not that legendary wrestler, shield users need much cover...

Or should I just switch to Axes?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »

AXES FTW!!!!!! decapitation IS FUN!
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:13:56 pm »

My armies generally consist of speardwarves, axedwarves and marksdwarves. The marksmen make up around. For some reason I still see goblins go flying, though that might be because they're throwing people after their spears get stuck or something...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »

I don't know... crossbows just seem... undwarfy

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »

One ax dwarf, artifact adamantine body, legs, helmet, sheild, ax.... Oh yes, paired with a tame war giant eagle, my fortress was secure from anything.

Lost alot of good souls in training, but who cares
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:42:00 pm »

I likes me some champion axeinators. Spears are good too.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 01:16:37 pm »

I prefer hammers as they don't get stuck in wounds. Vs orcs in superior numbers, that's a big deal. Usually though, when I'm not modding the raws to make weapons do 1 damage for training, I use swords though. It's too hard to separate the silver training axes from the iron woodcutting axes my haulers use, and I'd rather have my dwarves get eviscerated than take another gray brain wound and decide "dur, I dun no wut 2 do wit dis ting. Me go get drunk nao".
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 03:11:51 pm »

I prefer hammers as they don't get stuck in wounds. Vs orcs in superior numbers, that's a big deal. Usually though, when I'm not modding the raws to make weapons do 1 damage for training, I use swords though. It's too hard to separate the silver training axes from the iron woodcutting axes my haulers use, and I'd rather have my dwarves get eviscerated than take another gray brain wound and decide "dur, I dun no wut 2 do wit dis ting. Me go get drunk nao".

they already do that...
also I like swordsdwarves. But axedrakes are better.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 04:43:14 pm »

they already do that...
also I like swordsdwarves. But axedrakes are better.

I dunno, I get fewer injuries with it modded to 1 damage than I do with dwarves training with masterwork obsidian short swords. But I could be mistaken.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325