Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d14] Selectively shuffled graphics? (resolved)  (Read 1044 times)

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d14] Selectively shuffled graphics? (resolved)
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:22:33 pm »

Hi there. One of those despicable heathen tileset users here, Mayday's specifically. I started out from d11 and haven't had any trouble incrementally updating. So, from d13, I dumped all the d14 files in and let them overwrite what was there, and reset the graphics, world gen, and init files. Now all's mostly well, but some - just some - of the sprites appear to be using the wrong graphics. The round generic "fruit" is two vertical dots, mushrooms are trees, and fish use the rough gem image (or turn into meat when cooked). I wondered if it could be misreading the tile size and hence interpreting the wrong parts of the graphics "sheets", but this seems like an extremely improbable way for that to happen. The colors of the graphics are still correct, and all other images are just fine. Barrels still look like barrels, for example. I have a sinking feeling this is probably a problem unique to me and possibly my fault, since nobody else has reported it to my knowledge. But regardless, a little tech support from my fellow dwarfwatchers would be hugely appreciated!

Also, this may just be a mis-observation on my part, but it seems as though some images are popping up in text that didn't before, like levers. I've grown accustomed to seeing graphics infiltrate message text (just the nature of the beast), but these newcomers seem odd. Actual levers' graphics still work fine.

This is also totally tertiary, but dromedaries and bactrians have turned (back?) into "one humped/two humped camels". I know it's just a change to the creature raw, but, any idea why?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:27:16 pm by Venatius »

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d14] Selectively shuffled graphics?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:41:43 pm »

I've had this happened when I mixed maydays graphic pack with dig deeper mod, which has it's own set of graphics which over rides the maydays. Maybe that's what you're experiancing?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:13:51 pm »

This is also totally tertiary, but dromedaries and bactrians have turned (back?) into "one humped/two humped camels". I know it's just a change to the creature raw, but, any idea why?
I dumped all the d14 files in and let them overwrite what was there, and reset the graphics, world gen, and init files.
Probably because you didn't set the raws back?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:36:06 pm »

Probably because you didn't set the raws back?

This. Mayday's set strips accented characters from the language raws, and replaces the resulting free characters with sprites in the tileset. As an example, plump helmets normally use the club symbol, which is shared with some types of tree, but with mayday, they use the symbol normally represented by an é, which has been changed to an image of a mushroom.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 10:56:59 am »

So, from d13, I dumped all the d14 files in and let them overwrite what was there, and reset the graphics, world gen, and init files.

In general this is just a bad idea.  Copy over as little as you have to.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:47:46 pm »

Gotcha. I had a strong hunch this was probably just an error on my part. Replaced the raws and all's well. I do hope the combined set gets an update at some point though. Heaven knows what I've accidentally broken during all this. Ah well. Thanks!

Obdicut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 09:53:15 am »

I have a similar problem, but I started with 40D14 and copied over the mayday graphics stuff.  I thought I"d copied everything, and I'm sure I copied raw/graphics and raw/objects.

Not only do I still have weird characters in the middle of names, all of my engravings look like a picture of the engraving, rather than the smoothed lines I'm used to.

Is there something I forgot to copy?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:33:54 am »

I have a similar problem, but I started with 40D14 and copied over the mayday graphics stuff.  I thought I"d copied everything, and I'm sure I copied raw/graphics and raw/objects.

Not only do I still have weird characters in the middle of names, all of my engravings look like a picture of the engraving, rather than the smoothed lines I'm used to.

Is there something I forgot to copy?

No, there's an init setting called ENGRAVINGS_START_HIDDEN or something like that, which is probably turned on by default in Mayday but off by default in vanilla.

Obdicut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 10:45:04 am »

Thank you very much.  It really made my fort look odd.