Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: More Grudge Stuff?  (Read 2231 times)

BeyondAllPronunciation

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: More Grudge Stuff?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 07:32:53 am »

Two thoughts come to my mind.

1. This suggestion needs some careful testing should it ever be implemented. We (or at least I) don't want to turn this game into Stereotypical Sicilian Fortress. It would be fun, but too many "Urist McMontoya cancels job: interrupted by family grudge" make the game a bit too much of a "Fun".

2. More abstract objects of grudges. Depending on the personality dwarves could blame gods, government ("Philosopher Urist McMarx finished writing his book"), demonic forces, elves, curses (burn the witch!), trees, carps, aliens, or rock salt for their poverty, bad luck, uncomfortable shoes, bad weather...
... yeah, I got a bit carried away...

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Grudge Stuff?
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 07:50:11 am »

Well, entering a fight probably wouldn' t happen if your dwarves are happy enough, or they really hate each other. The stronger the grudge, the happier you have to feel so as to contain yourself.

Besides, perhaps they shouldn't always be spread to friends. If Urist McExampleDwarf deconstruct a floor and cause a cave-in, crushing someone, his close relatives could hate him, but they could also recognize it wasn't Urist's fault. Then, those who forgave shouldn't be contamined with anger.
Friends must have the possibility to disagree, which means personnalities much more developped as they are now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]