Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Other creatures living in your fort (of minor sentience)  (Read 1714 times)

Rawl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Other creatures living in your fort (of minor sentience)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:18 pm »

I leave for a couple of days and come back to dwarvish nazis? Com on people, it's the elves who are nazis...

*Ahem*
Back on topic, what about evil gnomes? Do they get the same treatment as the regular gnomes or are they more of a concentration camp workforce?

I personally imagine dark gnomes to behave more like imps, tending twards the more hurtful than playful, Dwarves of sinister temperament would get along better with these guys, possibly using them as personal toadies. No offense meant twards Toady. I could almost see dark gnomes being used as a Hammer's ghestapo.... dang it now you guys got me doing it too...

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 11:40:03 pm »

I imagine gnomes would be labeled as degenerates and marched into the magma chamber

I wish real life strange moods conferred the skills to make them happen. I have this amazingly detailed oil painting scene in my head that I can't express in any way since I can't draw worth shit. I should be okay though, I'm already babbling incoherently. I'll spare you the other part

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 07:13:31 am »

I wish real life strange moods conferred the skills to make them happen. I have this amazingly detailed oil painting scene in my head that I can't express in any way since I can't draw worth shit. I should be okay though, I'm already babbling incoherently. I'll spare you the other part
Go fell.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 10:47:30 pm »

Go fell.
It wouldn't be him sparing the parts in that case.  :-\

I'd imagine that that whatever sane gnomes live in the depths, the ones dwarves end up meeting are degenerates and/or exiles.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Slashcko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 02:42:30 am »

I think sentiant creatures that are captured should be able to be used as slaves.
But I'm probably not the only one to suggest this.

Rawl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 06:12:07 am »

My intent with this idea wasn't about semi sentient creatures that you captured and enslaved. It was more about hangers-on that adapted to the change in their environment. I've always thought of my dwarves to preoccupied to care about theses kinds of creatures not demanding the blood of everything they cross, well.... maybe every elf they cross.

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 06:38:56 am »

Like a... Toady?..  :D

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 06:54:34 am »

Go fell.

I had a strange mood which required a dwarf person with the programming labour enabled, so I got someone else to do my fell mood.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]