Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clear Stone  (Read 1090 times)

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clear Stone
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 03:15:09 pm »

I think the commands need to be kept seperate. One is a utility command for stocpiles, whos main function is to effectivly use the stockpile space. This would especial be useful to people who regularly change stockpile options as a way to manage inventory.

A clean command (for items) is basicaly just for cosmetics, and sort of an in simulation version of the hide command. It would be nice, but realy only affects the aesthetics. I can see it being useful to move all the seeds and shells out of my dining room without having to go make giant refuse stockpiles somewhere or manualy dumping them, but all that would realy do is move the mess to the hallway. Oh, and since it would obey the one-object-per-tile thing that dorfs do when they move things around (with the ecception of building things i think) it would also just spread out the mess.

I think an exclusive stocpile command to manage items and space, a clean command to get rid of mud and vomit (mostly just mud, to prevent the growth of towercaps in my halways without having to smooth miles of floor) and leave the hide command the way it is to deal with objects the player does not want to see, but also does not want to deal with by dumping or stockpiling. As a way to further make things useful, buildings should superseed stockpiles in placement, so that we do not have to undesignate a pile to build a workshop. It should auto undesignate when the building is placed. Stockpiles would also ignore already placed buildings (i think they do this already)
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz
Pages: 1 [2]