Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [Forum] Request mandatory prefix tags to posts in suggestions forum  (Read 3678 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum] Request mandatory prefix tags to posts in suggestions forum
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 10:50:20 am »

I think that I would rather see a forced search before any new topic could be started.

AKA when you click submit it does a search for the subject, and you'd have to look at a few posts before you got the submit button.  (Scroll through them I mean).

I don't see catagorizing everything doing any good other than increasing the barrier to new user participation and making it easier to point out to people that they didn't search.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 12:40:34 pm »

I think that I would rather see a forced search before any new topic could be started.

AKA when you click submit it does a search for the subject, and you'd have to look at a few posts before you got the submit button.  (Scroll through them I mean).

I don't see catagorizing everything doing any good other than increasing the barrier to new user participation and making it easier to point out to people that they didn't search.

That is actually one of its benefits, you do not want uninformed masses making suggestions, you want people who have read the rules, who have played the game, who will not do a "We need an instant win option. K thks bai!" post every day.

We want well thought out, well defined and easily sorted suggestion posts if we want our lone developer to make the best use of his time.

And also the Auto-Delete is great for nuking the people who did not bother to read the instructions. After all if they cant be arsed to look at how to post, I find it hard to believe they could come up with something that has not been recommended 1000x times.

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 02:24:21 pm »

We want well thought out, well defined and easily sorted suggestion posts if we want our lone developer to make the best use of his time.

And also the Auto-Delete is great for nuking the people who did not bother to read the instructions. After all if they cant be arsed to look at how to post, I find it hard to believe they could come up with something that has not been recommended 1000x times.

I disagree, but that's just my vote...

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »

I like the forced search approach. There could be some in-game terms, like fortress guard or military skills, that could be given quotes when seen next to each other. This would stem the tide of re-suggested suggestions, and help with the "whoops, forgot about the search function" disorder.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 04:38:54 pm »

Can we get a translation for these?
[snip]

These are the current topic keywords which will be added to as time goes by. The subject should always start with the keyword noted below:

EAPONSWA - Any EAPONSWA related topic.
GGHASA - Any GGHASA related topic.
RETRADA - Any RETRADA related topic.
EQUIPMENT - Covers equipment for RETRADA (not EAPONSWA).
TNG - Covers goods and also the TNG of them and the NOHAW.
RESCTARRS - Covers any content and desgin in a xxxxxxxx such as xxxxxxx, xxxxxx or xxxxxx excluding xxxxxxx.
MHGISTNS - Covers plot, side MHGISTNS and BBS MHGISTNS.
GAMEPLAY - Anything that effects the interaction with the game such as rules, rankings and how the game plays.
GAHERAS - Anything to do with the races, other living creatures, corporations, groups except where covered by a specific keyword. e.g. If the topic is about a new race use this but it if it is about an existing races xxxx then use TNG.
INTERFACE - Anything to do with how you interact with the game such as controls, menus or screen layout.
COMBAT - Anything gameplay topic related to combat that isn't covered by a more specific keyword such as GGHASA. This will include topics such as xxxxx and xxxxxxxxx.
SOUND - Any topic regarding sound.
VOICE - Any topic regarding voices.
MUSIC - Any topic regarding music.
SCENERY - Anything to do with graphical items in the background such XXXX.
EFFECTS - Anything to do with graphical effect such as XXXXXX. Note that if the idea is something like a flashing light on a XXXXX this is MODELS.
GRAPHICS - Anything graphical not covered by the keywords MODELS, SCENERY, and EFFECTS such as videos and animations.

[snip]
I think SNAEGBLAT is suggestions, EAPONSWA is weapons, and MHGISTNS is quests... but the rest is a mystery.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 12:54:49 pm »

Can we get a translation for these?
[snip]

These are the current topic keywords which will be added to as time goes by. The subject should always start with the keyword noted below:

EAPONSWA - Any EAPONSWA related topic.
GGHASA - Any GGHASA related topic.
RETRADA - Any RETRADA related topic.
EQUIPMENT - Covers equipment for RETRADA (not EAPONSWA).
TNG - Covers goods and also the TNG of them and the NOHAW.
RESCTARRS - Covers any content and desgin in a xxxxxxxx such as xxxxxxx, xxxxxx or xxxxxx excluding xxxxxxx.
MHGISTNS - Covers plot, side MHGISTNS and BBS MHGISTNS.
GAMEPLAY - Anything that effects the interaction with the game such as rules, rankings and how the game plays.
GAHERAS - Anything to do with the races, other living creatures, corporations, groups except where covered by a specific keyword. e.g. If the topic is about a new race use this but it if it is about an existing races xxxx then use TNG.
INTERFACE - Anything to do with how you interact with the game such as controls, menus or screen layout.
COMBAT - Anything gameplay topic related to combat that isn't covered by a more specific keyword such as GGHASA. This will include topics such as xxxxx and xxxxxxxxx.
SOUND - Any topic regarding sound.
VOICE - Any topic regarding voices.
MUSIC - Any topic regarding music.
SCENERY - Anything to do with graphical items in the background such XXXX.
EFFECTS - Anything to do with graphical effect such as XXXXXX. Note that if the idea is something like a flashing light on a XXXXX this is MODELS.
GRAPHICS - Anything graphical not covered by the keywords MODELS, SCENERY, and EFFECTS such as videos and animations.

[snip]
I think SNAEGBLAT is suggestions, EAPONSWA is weapons, and MHGISTNS is quests... but the rest is a mystery.
No. There will be no translation for these. They were scrambled on purpose as the text was taken directly from the development forum of another site.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3]