Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Six Questions  (Read 1137 times)

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Six Questions
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 11:38:50 pm »

If you want leather industries, do animal husbandery, get breeding pairs and have a room for them, or a lot of rope/chains to hold 'em, I tend to do husbandery as to have a supply of bone, leather and meat for my dwarves  ;) Not the best resource, but if you got soil also, then you don't have to worry about running out of food and booze ( assuming you have enough barrels  ;D )

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 12:24:44 am »

and that's something I'd like to automate, clothing construction.  it's a real pain producing enough clothing for an entire fort of dwarves whos clothing is rottin off thier short hairy little bodies.  But the idea of a nudist Dwarf fort is even more traumatizing

I actually made a thread about this.  http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27074.msg324996#msg324996

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 05:01:25 am »

If you want leather industries, do animal husbandery, get breeding pairs and have a room for them, or a lot of rope/chains to hold 'em, I tend to do husbandery as to have a supply of bone, leather and meat for my dwarves  ;) Not the best resource, but if you got soil also, then you don't have to worry about running out of food and booze ( assuming you have enough barrels  ;D )

I'm just sad to lose a basically hazard-free method of leveling up my non-combat dwarves in weapon skills :/
I do currently have a stockpile of polar bears I butcher regularly for leather, meat, and bone.
Plus, I can occasionally let them loose throughout my fortress for additional protection against ambushers. : D
Pages: 1 [2]