Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Making a Pixie civilization  (Read 5898 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Pixie civilization
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2008, 09:38:32 pm »

Ha, Wow, this game gets deeper every time i play it. Oddly enough I can make chausses, and i don't even know what a chausse is.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2008, 10:24:12 pm »

Newest test run is going great so far, the elves and humans arrive on time normally. Now I just need to wait for the dwarves.

I really love my pixies, even though using them forces you to utilize pretty odd strategies to survive in the beginning.

Once the dwarves arrive, i guess that'll mean this mod is done, but my playtime is limited, so i must put the game down for the night.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2008, 08:48:28 am »

well, i got mixed results.

On the one hand, the dwarves DID come. On the other hand, the dwarven liaison didn't come...

i'm positive i didn't remove the [DIPLOMAT] tag from their entity entry. Perhaps it was one of those freak accidents, sort of like what's being suggested in this topic.

what do you guys think?

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2008, 08:57:22 am »

I don't get a dwarf liason either, and I'm not surprised. I think a liason can come only from your own civ.

I don't mind in the slightest though, taking pot luck with what the dwarves bring.

What they normally bring now is a swarm of orcs. Free bones and shields!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2008, 09:11:01 am »

that doesn't make any sense at all. Just for clarity, this is what i have for dwarves as far as trading is concerned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and this is what i have for humans, who have a guild representative.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I removed MERCHANT_NOBILITY from my pixies because that's what i believed was causing them to bring a liaison AND a guild representative. That's been fixed, but perhaps because of the lone DIPLOMAT tag, the dwarves can only send a liaison, but they can't send a liaison because they are not the controllable civ, and thus i should add MERCHANT_NOBILITY to their entity file in order to get them to bring a guild representative instead?

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2008, 09:19:03 am »

That would be my suggestion.

It's a HAMLET liason. It's your civilisation's liason with you, it makes perfect sense that only the controllable civ would send one.
Plus, it's wierd enough to have my liason say "greetings from the mountainhomes", without a dwarven representative saying "our fortunes rise and fall together".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 12:15:18 am »

Alright, took me awhile, but i regenned with the MERCHANT_NOBILITY tag in, and after starting another two year test fort, i can proudly say that it worked. The dwarven guild rep came! (although a pesky gobbo ambush sprang outta nowhere, killed a pack camel, and ruined my chances at trading for the year).

I'm gonna continue playing this test fort, just to see if the nobles work, not that they need to work.

One unusual bug i've noticed though, even though my pixies can't mine whatsoever, seeing as how they don't have miner allowed in their entity entry, migrants with the miner profession still show up. sorta weird.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008, 12:43:30 am »

It's a common bug. They should have no skill in mining still, just a profession name.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2008, 03:03:55 am »

I tried to change the names of those "blank" prefessions and it didn't work. >:(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2008, 05:03:57 pm »

Oh, yeah, i really should update this once in a while heh?

Yeah, getting an effective military up and running is hard. An EPIC ambush took place outside of the gates to my fort. At first, it didn't look that intimidating, I thought my bowpixies could scare them off.

i was wrong.

one ambush came from one side, another ambush came from the other, a two front battle! all of my active military was set to fight them, and the pixies and wardogs beset them. Because of the terrible lack of metal, my army only had very minimal armor. All of them had shields though (because, for some reason, shields can be equipped by anybody, regardless of who made it, so i managed to import alot of them). The Red gobbo blood and the Blue pixie blood mixed in the water of the Brook as we painstakingly won the battle!

Dirlu and Vicu, a bowpixie and a champion respectively, were the only casaulties. Vicu was the lover of the Mayor, which saddened her heart, and Dirlu was the best bowpixie in all of Strokedroots, which saddened MY heart. Also, a retarded pissant butcher that just got here was killed in the crossfire, but nobody cared about him.

Although they died, because of their sacrifice, the enemy DID NOT get through the main gate of Strokedroots!

Oh, and finally! It is the third year, and the dwarven caravan, bearing much stone is here! Finally! stone! NUM NUM NUM! it tastes so good! I can finally make mechanisms! and querns! and other things!

Oh, why not make millstones? because i just realized that my locations doesn't have any wind at all. and i can't break into the brook, and any sort of other power bearing device would be impractical to my needs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2008, 11:52:51 pm »

Okay guys, I've decided that it's good enough to make available for download. Here's the Raws file, replace your existing raws file with this one, and then gen a new world to make it work:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=755

I wrote all the details of the pixies on the file description. One thing to note though, Pixies are definitely a challenge race, only play them if you want a challenge.

Of course, feedback is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:54:53 pm by chaoticjosh »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]